New shoes!

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but isnt it illegal to run re-treads on the steer axle(front) in alot of states. I'm pretty sure it is in Wisconsin anyway.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but isnt it illegal to run re-treads on the steer axle(front) in alot of states. I'm pretty sure it is in Wisconsin anyway.
Not as far as I know of on passenger class vehicles. On bigger trucks that require a CDL to operate retreads on a steer axle is illegal in some states, but not all.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've added a subscription to this thread. I'd really like to hear how these do for the long haul. Sounds like they should do pretty well. My new to me truck has basically new tires so when I need new ones I'll be digging this thread up.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the tires and wheels on the truck on Sunday.

I love em ;Sweet Truck looks 10 times better than it used to.

You must be registered for see images attach

(sorry it's so dirty...hasn't been above freezing in a few days)

Also these tires seem great so far! Have a "hum" to em of course, but really not bad at all. They apparently balanced out perfect, they feel like they ride better than the old tires did, overall I'm happy with them so far. Oh yeah, and they do better in snow and ice than my old tires did too.

sootman73

Reaction score
i'm about to order my set. will do today. really not sure if im gonna get the same ones as you Ghunt or get the d mud set. how do you like your set so far after a month? gotten into anything muddy?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They've been great so far, I haven't put a lot of miles on them but I've certainly been happy with them. They ride nice (well, as nice as a D-rated tire can ride) and seem balanced right.

I haven't really gotten into any mud no- although I already mentioned having them in snow, they do seem to do pretty well in it. I went down a hill that was slippery enough that if you hit the brakes you'd just slide...but in 4WD and first gear, I could creep down slowly without sliding.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have those wheels on my truck, got them for 50 each. They had a sale, but i spent 750 on new wheels and tires, BFG All-terrain. Factory size, now i wish i went with a bigger size, 33s would be nice, they look like they would fit with out issue. Plus i dont really need the E class weight rating.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Got the same ones and mine are wearing fine with about 5k on them so far.

sootman73

Reaction score
my tread is almost gone and i bought them in march! i've rotated them and they are always at the right pressure. they worked good but i have hardly any tread on the back tires(on front first). i've put about 6,000-7,000 miles on them. mostly road as it was pretty dry this summer but i would think they should last at least 20,000 even working them. and no i didn't do any burnouts with them.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
my tread is almost gone and i bought them in march! i've rotated them and they are always at the right pressure. they worked good but i have hardly any tread on the back tires(on front first). i've put about 6,000-7,000 miles on them. mostly road as it was pretty dry this summer but i would think they should last at least 20,000 even working them. and no i didn't do any burnouts with them.

Dont feel to bad my BFG T/A's are going to struggle to make it to 30K miles before I need new ones. Never buying them again.

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey same here on the all-terrains, At 4,000 miles they are showing many signs of wear, In fact I even went down to discount tire today to talk with a salesman. I am kinda concerned, they were $1000!!!!.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Hey same here on the all-terrains, At 4,000 miles they are showing many signs of wear, In fact I even went down to discount tire today to talk with a salesman. I am kinda concerned, they were $1000!!!!.

Yup. I have about 20% tread on the front and around 50% on the back (after rotating front to back).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent