New member w/ ford rollback car carrier

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
pwr strng hoses...drop in.
alt wiring....mod required. not hard
ac...parts requr'd, ac comp and hose. oe avail.

talked to that guy again with the SD.. he still doesnt know what axle ratio is in the rear. anyways ive been slammed prepping for the rain. when would be a good time for that steak dinner?

oh and i got the notion of swapping out the 6.2 in my CC DRW 82 chevy for a 6.9-7.3L

i love the 6.2 in a light duty application. has anyone ever done that swap?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haven't seen you online for a couple of weeks.
last call for suspension parts. this rolling chassis will go to the mill on tues if you don't speak up.

Attachments

• SL375251.JPG
    SL375251.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 12

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
hey whats up!? yeah ive been busy and broke so nothing going on for the tow truck yet. i keep wanting to dig into the engine but i dont want to take anything apart cause i can still start it and move it around.

yeah im still interested. i figured you got rid of it. if you look 2 posts back i asked you when was a good time for me to come down. you never missed a post before so i thought you changed your mind. my bad BROsef.

i could come down tomorrow if your free. you wanted steak dinner right?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah im still interested. i figured you got rid of it. if you look 2 posts back i asked you when was a good time for me to come down. you never missed a post before so i thought you changed your mind. my bad BROsef.

i could come down tomorrow if your free. you wanted steak dinner right?
how about thurs?
my kid goes to her mom the later part of the week.
i'm really bad at missing posts when I am busy. Even though business has been down lately, that doesn't mean I am a lack of things to do.
I'm a big fan of ribeye steaks at this place.......
www.originaljoes.com ;Sweet

there's 3000lbs of iron still there.
here's the thread where I started really pulling apart the truck.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53671

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
how about thurs?
my kid goes to her mom the later part of the week.
i'm really bad at missing posts when I am busy. Even though business has been down lately, that doesn't mean I am a lack of things to do.
I'm a big fan of ribeye steaks at this place.......
www.originaljoes.com ;Sweet

there's 3000lbs of iron still there.
here's the thread where I started really pulling apart the truck.

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53671

wow is it that heavy? doesnt look like much.

never heard of original joes but the same does sound somewhat familiar. maybe i said it in my head too many times haha.

well i was supposed to leave thursday night for camping but i think i could make that happen.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow is it that heavy? doesnt look like much.

I currently have it on the back of my F450 carrier. the tare on the carrier is 9500 empty. I don't have my standard local equipment pack on it since I was just finished running long distance with it and I usually run light when going long. I grossed at the scales last nite at 12,980lbs. that's a little over 3k on weight for the chassis. with the motor/trans/sheetmetal, a F450 cab/chassis will tip the scales at 7700lbs.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Good news! I got some extra cash from a long loan finally repaid

Im ready to buy a truck for the motor. I found a 86 f250 auto 2wd 6.9l ATS Turbo.

My question is... any ATS kit better then another? How can I tell?

In the deal another Engine will be thrown in. A "running" NA 6.9l from a wrecked truck the owner creamed himself. He said there is a scrape on the valve cover but it should be fine.

Should I stay away from the 6.9? Or the Turbo? Hopefully I can swap in that other engine and sell it to make my whole investment back.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what model is the ATS turbo? big difference between the nonwastegated vs. the wastegated models.
with all the problems OB had this week, I didn't bother checking the thread.
I should have, since you passed on the chassis a few days ago. if I knew then, I would have milled it friday. oh well.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
yeah sorry about the chassis. the trans went out in my chevy so i had nothing to tow with. then i was surprised with money so i went and blew it properly on a ford turbo truck to get the rollback going.

here is my new buy :) i was happy to find out which turbo kit it has. and other little surprises. the price was right and drove it home from modesto last night with NO issues. thank you craigslist.

oh wierd thing is the GV isnt hooked up but it "does work" when he wired 12v to it but only did it to see if it worked. IF that alt mounted tach sensor does work correctly it says im going about 2100rpm at 55mph. that means it has a 3.55 axle. with the gear vendors it would be 1700rpm at 55 and 2000 at 65.

You must be registered for see images attach

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like you did well. if it's the same one I saw on CL this week, you stole it. GV adn a wastegated ATS makes that one a score.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online