New member w/ ford rollback car carrier

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ouch.. a banks issue or a "im too lazy to fix it" issue?
both. the Banks idea of a turbo oil drainback is a joke at best. I'm really not in the mood to re-engineer it on a vehicle that sees winter use for the ski slopes. As long as it gets my daughter to the ski slopes and me into the lodge to flirt with the MILFs, it's doing it's job as far as I am concerned.;Sweet

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
the CA is 84" but I have torches and plasma. we can always torch off sections of frame you don't need.;Sweet

haha then screw the trailer all together. just cut and pack it in my bed and ill stop by richmond on the way home and make up for dinner at mcdonalds... i mean steak house

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
haha my imagination runs wild with metal cutting devices. i worked a debris truck for about 2 years. we scrapped more metal then we ever rented boxes :D

oh that SD is a 1993 so its got the serp belt set up?.. would that work in my 85? id rather have that then the rat cluster of v-belts

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha my imagination runs wild with metal cutting devices. i worked a debris truck for about 2 years. we scrapped more metal then we ever rented boxes :D

oh that SD is a 1993 so its got the serp belt set up?.. would that work in my 85? id rather have that then the rat cluster of v-belts
extra cost item.;Sweet
the sd is a 1990 model if you're curious.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey i found a 83 diesel 6.9... lower compression for the first year right? good for a turbo?
the drop in compression is not enough to make a difference. problem with the first year motors was the block had a tendency to crack around the block heater hole and the headgaskets liked committing suicide at 150k.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
ouch... ok nevermind then. haha. oh i was saying that 93 SD that i want to buy for the motor and trans... it should have a serp belt setup right? would there be any issues hooking up my accessories? (are they on the same sides as before?)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ouch... ok nevermind then. haha. oh i was saying that 93 SD that i want to buy for the motor and trans... it should have a serp belt setup right? would there be any issues hooking up my accessories? (are they on the same sides as before?)
the brackets will bolt up and the pullies will work if the correct accys are used. the alt, vac pump, and AC compressor are needed. only the PS pump and the water pump can be reused.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
the brackets will bolt up and the pullies will work if the correct accys are used. the alt, vac pump, and AC compressor are needed. only the PS pump and the water pump can be reused.

ok i think i said it wrong... if i want to take out my whole 85 6.9l and drop it in 93 7.3l will the power steering hoses, alt wiring, AC. will those accessories be in the same position before? will i have to hack up wiring or make custom PS, AC lines?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok i think i said it wrong... if i want to take out my whole 85 6.9l and drop it in 93 7.3l will the power steering hoses, alt wiring, AC. will those accessories be in the same position before? will i have to hack up wiring or make custom PS, AC lines?
pwr strng hoses...drop in.
alt wiring....mod required. not hard
ac...parts requr'd, ac comp and hose. oe avail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent