new IP new injectors and new return line kit truck runs and then dies

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello so I got my new IP pump new injectors and return line installed on truck and new starter truck fired right up for 15 secounds then dies . I crank it again and It starts right up and 15 secounds latter it dies again ! and Ideas where to start looking?:dunno

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and I have a holly electric pump Its pumping 7 psi . truck runs really good while it is running

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What is the idle rpm set at... Does it just run at any rpm and die or does it die when you return to idle setting. Maybe its too low of an idle setting...:dunno Where did you get the pump and injectors from. Is the pump a fresh rebuild or is it just a differant pump off something else you had connections to....

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Timing could be way off, i had a pump once that had problems, and i had to turn the idle way up on it, and advance the timing to make the engine run right, but it always had a lope if you were at low rpm and under a load, a week later the govenor assembly came apart inside it

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this every time under all conditions, or just after it has sat for a while?

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys I finally figured out what the problem was thanks so much for all your help! I found out that the return line where it connects to the fuel selector switch . The valve is not opening to let the fuel to go back into the tank so it was killing it ! Thanks again guys I really appreciate all your help!:hail

If you click on picture it is a video

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really glad you got it figured out. Now enjoy a great truck thats easy to keep running...:D:angel: