New fuel filter and filter bowl, what goes in the bottom?

mccall52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm getting ready to replace my fuel filter. My truck came with a one piece filter with a valve on the bottom. I will be replacing it with a Motorcraft 3375 and a new aluminum bowl.

There are three holes on the bottom, one is a Schraeder valve. Not sure if I'm supposed to transfer the drain valve from the old filter to the new one, but that still leaves one hole.

Having not seen what is supposed to go there, may I get someone to tell me so?

I appreciate your help.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drain valve in the middle, water in fuel sensor in the other hole.

mccall52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the prompt responses. Consistent with what I've been finding. Somewhat pricey stuff for what it is. And I get to track down the water in fuel sensor wire. I appreciate your help.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ain't no schrader valve on the bottom that I know of, should be on top/side for any air release.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a schrader on the bottom of some , and the new replacement. I have no idea what they intended it for.

The Bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ain't no schrader valve on the bottom that I know of, should be on top/side for any air release.

My 91 has one. They way it works as I understand is that when you open up the purge valve, it comes in contact with the schrader valve to allow air in to so the fluid will drain out.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 91 has one. They way it works as I understand is that when you open up the purge valve, it comes in contact with the schrader valve to allow air in to so the fluid will drain out.

That is 100% correct.

mccall52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shifting gears a bit, but does anyone know the motorcraft oil filter number for our trucks, IDI non-turbo if it makes a difference? I understand there's a filter that holds a quart by itself, if I'm not mistaken, can anyone share that number with me? I appreciate your help.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

https://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?55207-Clear-Fuel-Bowl-for-your-6-9-or-7-3!