New Ford Warranty Claims.....Please Read.....

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
As you guys probably know I went to the ford dealer today for my TC being fried. My truck has 26,000 miles on it.....I talked to the service manager about my situation and what can I do.....The Ford dealer is a Tier one dealer. Which means they can do all repairs from heavy truck to rangers...They don't just R&R they will rebuild, engines, transmissions, etc... Basically Ford says if they can't do it it can't be done....Anyway he informed me that since January 1, 2004 alot has changed with the Ford warranty. Here is what I found out...

1. Ford went from a 3/4 page claim form to a 2 page claim form. That lists everything from What caused the failure to what mods you have done....

2. For every Major repair IE engine claim, trans. claim, a Ford rep has to come inspect the truck...Before they didn't. They only came in once in awhile, or if it was a repetitious repair.

3. They must now take pictures of all modification done to the truck for future referance...IE Airbox,exhaust,gauges,etc....

4. Any traces of a chip is an automatic red flag, and voids the warrenty...If a chip is suspected then the Ford reps will make the dealers pull the PCM, Open it up and take pictures of the board....

Some of you guys might know this, but some may not...I know this guy well and he is not blowing smoke. He lets everything slide as much as possible. He told me that Ford is trying to void warranties for K&N filters, guages, etc....He told me to buy a new PCM, ($300)and install it. That way there is no trace of a chip. He said I know you have a chip and I know the Ford reps will come down to see this truck once I put the claim in...He also told me to reinstall the factory airbox. He said that he didn't want to see me get my truck warranty flaged for dumb stuff., so he would work with me. Then he told me that the lift and tires, and the exhaust would be ok. The chip was the big thing..He also told me that he would install any aftermarket parts I wanted to replace the bad factory parts IE....TC....if I brought them in with the truck....Just some info thought you guys would like to know.....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Did your frind say it was only K&N filters they were looking at, or is it any aftermarket setup?

What about the HX crossover - any concerns with that?

Or your trans shift kit?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to figure out what I can do to my truck.

Oh yeah, congrats on your diesel stop bans.

Strokin_A_Duramax

TS Performance Groupie
Reaction score
I think the HX crossover hose is ok......It does nothing but help.....The thing about the air filters is not K&N in general its all aftermarket high flow filters. What Ford is going off of is that yes they flow more air, but they also don't filter out the dirt as good...Which they could argue caused a engine, or turbo failure. The trans shift kit they can't tell has been done since it is still a factory valvebody just been modified....(it looks the same, and you can't tell its been changed with the naked eye). He said they were also taking pics of no muffler, and aftermarket exhaust just to prove you are modifing the truck.....:yell:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726