new engine

illinoisboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have decided to go with a rebuilt motor, or rebuild the one i have. what kind of estimate on cost can i expect for a rebuild? thanks, any and all suggestions appreciated.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
so where 'bout you at? i'm going through the same thing as we speek. block and heads are at the shop getting cleaned and checked. as far as price, theres several options to consider, rebuildind = cheeper, but no warenty
rebuilt = 5,000 to 8,000 depinding on options. there are many rebuilders out there, my prices are from past quotes they may have changed. drop me a line, do some:cheers: :drunk: :joker:
chris

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Promar,$3100 free shipping both engine and core,3 year 75K mile,sleeved per website and Emails all 8 holes.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
:eek: wow:eek: 3100? is that complete rebuild with turbo,pump, ready to drop in? i forgot where the heck i was getting quotes from, but it was a complete engine, water pump to rear seal with turbo and exhaust manifolds. i may have to rethink the whole rebuild thing at that price ..........nnnaaaaaaaaaLOL
chris

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have decided to go with a rebuilt motor, or rebuild the one i have. what kind of estimate on cost can i expect for a rebuild? thanks, any and all suggestions appreciated.

I got a nice 7.3 crate motor with 50K on it from a truck I just bought, PM me and I can tell you more.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my rebuild cost me $1700. The parts were not bad, but the majority of that money went to the machine shop that bored (didn't know better at the time.....CRAP) and honed the block and for the head work. The jerks missed a huge crack in the driver's side head and I had to buy a new one, plus they had Ray Charles grind the valve seats.:mad: Needless to say, I had to buy a new head and get the other's seats reground (at another shop). That added to the cost as well.

It was a blast to rebuild the motor. I loved it.

Heath