New CDR Mount Plan - What do you guys think?

Mikerson

Reaction score
I was thinking that it would be cleaner looking if the my CDR was mounted straight to my new intake housing rather than mounted remotely and plumbed in with hose. Is there any reason I couldn't drill a hole in the housing for the air flow, drill and tap two holes for the bolts and mount the CDR in the "hole up" orientation on the underside of the curvy part of a factory turbo manifold? Will the CDR valve still function when mounted in this position? Here's a pic to show you what I'm thinking. I like this location because it means a shorter length of hose from my IP inspection cover vent to the CDR too. Of course I'll plug the factory inlet port too.

Thanks for the input guys. :cool

You must be registered for see images attach

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd worry if you created too much vacuum. I don't know what the negative pressure is at that spot, but it may be worth checking out.

Mikerson

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. The port that the factory routing uses is right on the side up from that spot. I don't how it would be much different.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
another off the wall suggestion, could you mount the CDR to the timing cover plate? it looks a little tight where you are holding it, you are also reversing the flow of the CDR placing it there.

Mikerson

Reaction score
another off the wall suggestion, could you mount the CDR to the timing cover plate?

Interesting. I'll check it out.

you are also reversing the flow of the CDR placing it there.

You sure? The gases should come from my cover plate into my CDR tube then out the "body hole" in the CDR and into the intake. Isn't this how they run on the factory setup?

subway

Reaction score
i am talking the flow of the CDR itself. flow comes from the engine to the center of the CDR then out the CDR vent tube. they are only supposed to pass gas one way, as in a air check valve.

Mikerson

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, but it is my understanding that the gas flow direction in a CDR is from the vent tube to the body/center hole. Like this.
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe I'm confused, but if you look at how it's set up on a N/A truck the body hole is smashed right up against the intake horn. I don't see how gasses could flow into the body hole of the cdr from the intake horn because there's vacuum at the intake horn. Thanks for the discussion.

Last edited:

subway

Reaction score
crap, carry on, here it is,............. i was wrong.

for some reason i had it reversed in my head

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any reason not to mount the CDR with the center hole facing up?

My only concern is the CDR may hold a volume of oil in that oreintation, especially if the tube is at an upward angle. I'm no CDR expert, but with the Banks turbo set up, the CDR is upsidedown compaired to stock and it holds oil and makes a nice mess in the intake and drips everywhere when you take it off the truck.

Heath