New Battery Time

Exekiel69

Reaction score
If you haven't already done so, now would be a good time to throw away those troublesome lead battery cable ends and replace them with copper-lug ring-terminals.

Replace the batteries with Group 30S or Group 31S real stud-terminal batteries; you will be happy you did, as life is much easier with stud type batteries.

If you don't have time to be swapping cable-ends, you can still buy the stud-terminal batteries and use the post-style screw-on adapters with your existing cable-ends; this way, you will already have the stud-terminal batteries when you get ready to do the cables.

Where do You find this batteries, is there a store locator?
I will need a pair maybe next year but the prices You say are too good to pass with the addition of the warranty.
Also, does anyone have a pic of the modifications needed to fit this batteries?

Thank You.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do You find this batteries, is there a store locator?

Anywhere that handles truck batteries will have them.

Consumer oriented places such as Autozone, Walmart, and the like, most likely won't have them, as they are genuine truck batteries.

The last several I have bought came from an Interstate distributorship as BLEMs, for very attractive prices.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Anywhere that handles truck batteries will have them.

Consumer oriented places such as Autozone, Walmart, and the like, most likely won't have them, as they are genuine truck batteries.

The last several I have bought came from an Interstate distributorship as BLEMs, for very attractive prices.

Does this place have the ones You say?

Thank You.

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
I'd look at the biggest Duralast yellow top, my truck came with them & they were 7 years old when I got it. I run one Optima red top in mine, never had a problem with weak starts. I need to get a new second battery soon, probley be looking at another Duralast yellow top.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used the Interstate Workaholics in the Moose Truck for years, and always had good luck with them.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I have exide's in my 91. When they take a dump I'm getting 2 CAT batteries from work. $65/each my cost and loads of power for the cold Canadian winter mornings...I may have to mod my battery tray's a little as these puppies are big.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin