New Battery Time

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I need a set of batteries for my truck. I was thinking about some Interstate batteries around 1000 or 1100 amps each. Does anybody have a size or number for such a battery? If not what do you run and how do they work for you... Thanks.

metrojd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Batterys

I run Walmart Yellow I think they are
They are Everstart 1000CA and 850CCA
I have ran these for years and no problems.
They are 3 year free replacement and only $60.00 or so
For the $$ I dont think you can beat them.
I ran these in all my plow trucks for years with no problem

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get either Interstate MTP65 with 850CCA each or the sealed gel cells at 1000CCA plus from CAT or Interstate. If you go Interstae, see if you can get a "blem" battery, they still have a new battery warranty and are on heck of a lot cheaper than a pretty one. I got one in the 650-750CCA range for my boat for around 35 and one for my parents 4Runner at around 38.00 at the Interstate shop.

gandalf

Reaction score
I've recently seen the equivalent at Costco in their Kirkland house brand. 1000CA and 850CCA, for right around the same price. I think either one will be hard to beat if you calculate cost per year.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Optima's in an IDI?

I know they are expensive, but has anybody used Optima's in IDI applications? I have one in my race car that's 5 years old (it gets lots of charges as it has no alternator) and a freind of mine has one that he got in a wrecked salvage car that he brought back to life three years ago and it still going like an Energizer bunny. I laughed at him when he was trying to bring it back to life but now he's laughing at me.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of group 31 commercial truck batteries at Truck Pro last year for about $63 each. 1190 cranking amps, 1000 cold cranking amps at 0 deg f, 185 reserve capacity.
Those suckers really spin the engine over ;Sweet
I had to move the battery trays inward away from the fenders by adding some spacers between the tray and the fender to squeeze them in.

I had looked at the Optima yellow top commercial batteries at the time, but they were just a bit too tall, and I would have had to move the trays down to keep the posts from hitting the hood ( zzzzaaaaappppp :D

The red top optimas have the amps, but not enough reserve capacity for an engine this size

------Robert

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2 new optima blue top batteries to put in the truck when it's all back together. I will let everyone know how they start the truck later.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have a diehard on one of My work trucks and it is running fr the 5th year now, went to check it and it was still OK.:thumbsup: It starts the engine every day.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TIME FOR BATTERIES ??

If you haven't already done so, now would be a good time to throw away those troublesome lead battery cable ends and replace them with copper-lug ring-terminals.

Replace the batteries with Group 30S or Group 31S real stud-terminal batteries; you will be happy you did, as life is much easier with stud type batteries.

If you don't have time to be swapping cable-ends, you can still buy the stud-terminal batteries and use the post-style screw-on adapters with your existing cable-ends; this way, you will already have the stud-terminal batteries when you get ready to do the cables.

oregon-mike

Reaction score
I have a pair of Costco (Kirkland) 1,150/1000 CCA batteries that I put in mine when I bought it back in Feb. I think I was out of there for under $120 for the pair.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
440wagon

Staff online