New Anodized powder coating

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Mmmkay, it would be nice if the guy wasn't whispering. And why show a spring with a flaw in a promotion?

Powder coating is anodized anyway (electric current bonds the powder), what is the difference here?

And who the heck paints springs? May as well paint your axles and crankshaft, too.

Maybe I'm too old to understand.

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmkay, it would be nice if the guy wasn't whispering. And why show a spring with a flaw in a promotion?

Powder coating is anodized anyway (electric current bonds the powder), what is the difference here?

And who the heck paints springs? May as well paint your axles and crankshaft, too.

Maybe I'm too old to understand.

Anodized and powder is way way different not even close. anodizing is an electrolytic passivation process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts. powder uses electric to charge the powder to stick to the substrate then be baked. this powder is just to give you the look of anodize. I do agree on the springs tho i could find better things to coat. I thought the rim looked pretty cool.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Anodized and powder is way way different not even close. anodizing is an electrolytic passivation process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts. powder uses electric to charge the powder to stick to the substrate then be baked. this powder is just to give you the look of anodize. I do agree on the springs tho i could find better things to coat. I thought the rim looked pretty cool.

I kind of thought they were two different things but i was not sure of the differences so i kept my mouth shut.......or should i say my fingers off the keyboard.LOL