New addition to the family

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Hey all just added this 2000 Excursion to my family. It has 96000 on odom and I got it for a steal. It is a 7.3 with either a chip or program according to the dealer. I am unable to rotate the hubs from auto to manual. Any one have some suggestion as what to look for or do to repair these? It also has a leaky water pump, all ready got a new pump (not reman) to install.It has two small dents one in the bumper and one quater size dent next to fuel door I let Aric and Danielle look it over and take it for a spin they gave it there approval:rotflmao

Attachments

• Excursion.jpg
    Excursion.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Excursion2.jpg
    Excursion2.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Excursion3.jpg
    Excursion3.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 8

cat3176

Reaction score
If I remember correctly the front hubs on superdutys and excursions are held in by one outer round snap ring. Pull that snap ring and the junk factory lock out should come right out. But as far as trying to get the old hubs to free up might try spraying them with wd-40 or pb blaster. If I remember right these lockout aren't servicable. But could be wrong. This worked on my 2000 f250 I had. But if that don't work I'd just replace them. I always had problems getting mine to work on automatic. Best of Luck

Last edited:

fine6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, use some pb blaster, I had to do it to my 2000 F250, has not been a problem since I did it about 2 yrs. ago.

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Worked on the hubs this weekend got them to turn a little. It does appear that that the turnable part and the outer hub gear are one piece Cat .I dont think the previous owner ever used the 4wheel drive. Have to see if the they work when the transfer case engages. Might tie it off to the 96 and see if I can make it spin in the dirt :D ,before I get into something where i need a tow :rotflmao

Stefan

Reaction score
Congrats, I just got one exactly like it for the wife, a Limited 4x4, blk w/gold trim, 94,000 miles and ready to run some Bio!

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
I figured I would put a few miles on her before I go bio to see what kinda kinks she may need worked out of her.:D

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Thought I might go that route with the manuals but I kinda like the auto for the fact that I wont be using this for much other than on vacations and going out and about on the weekends. I did convert my 96 over to manuals and i figured that it would be the best route to go if I cant get these to free up and work right.