needing a tach

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
ok so i'm an oaf. i was installing a mechanical oil pressure gauge and snapped the needle off my tach while i was putting the instrument cluster back together.
-cuss
none of the local salvage places i know of have anything that will do it and the **** at the ford stealership told me they stopped carrying parts for my 89 f350 back in 2001. they also never heard of a vrv nor could they find one in their system, double whammy.-cuss-cuss plus they kept trying to sell me gasser parts, egr, distributor vacuum advance do-hicky, pcv..... but no such thing as a VRV.

i've seen the autometer alternator tach but that can't be very accurate. so what are my options?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a gas engine cluster available. I bet the tach needle is the same. :dunno

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
thanks but the part i need is the coil piece behind the needle. the little shaft snapped down inside.
i may have a fix figgerd out since the coil can be removed from the circuit board that reads the signal off the sending unit. im going to try to measure it and see if it is something readable for an after market tach. if not i'll keep scrounging.