Need some information

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Carrier Transicold fuel pump arrived and I am looking to now get the other parts needed such as fittings and hose. What I want to do is remove the mechanical fuel pump and put a block off plate on. I also want to keep the steel line that runs from the lift pump to the fuel filter and I want to keep it fully intact. This means I will need a female fitting for the male part of the line that goes into the mechanical lift pump, Does anyone know what size fitting I should be looking for and where I can get one. I would prefer one with a barb so I can put a hose on it. If I mount the pump under the hood I can have this go to the electric pump but if I can't I can then take the rubber inlet line and hook it up to the fitting. This would make a loop from the lift pump inlet line to the outlet line that was on the lift pump. I'd like to keep it this way in case I have to go back to a mechanical pump if the electric pump failed and left me stuck all I would have to do is install the mechanical one back on.

I'd also like to know the sizes of the fittings I need for this pump as well as what hose size I should be buying.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I did what your talking about and it took several trips to Home Depot to figure it out. I remember thinking at the time, that I definitely wanted to document those sizes so I could do it again or help someone else, but sadly life got me busy and I didn't do it.

gandalf

Reaction score
Doc, I did much the same thing. I ran new 3/8th inch diesel rated line from the FSV to the IP, with a Transicold pump and a Goldenrod filter along the way. I left the entire stock line in place, protecting both ends somewhat from bad things.

I used 3/8th inch line, as stated, and brass fittings. The brass are thread to barb. I can't recall what size thread, but just take the pump in with you. It's an easy size. If you remove the stock line by pulling the line clip (discussed in previous threads), the 3/8th rubber line will fit perfectly over the nipple on the FSV. Be sure you attach to the correct nipple.

I replaced the fitting at the fuel filter with a 90° brass, thread to barb. Picture below.

You must be registered for see images attach

That picture, BTW, was uploaded directly from my computer, NOT by way of a picture host such as Photobucket. Good Work, Lee.

Trying my best

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the pump fittings are 1/4 inch iron pipe thread that goes in the pump. That was about a year ago I did that job....so that that free advice for what it's worth

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Doc, I did much the same thing. I ran new 3/8th inch diesel rated line from the FSV to the IP, with a Transicold pump and a Goldenrod filter along the way. I left the entire stock line in place, protecting both ends somewhat from bad things.

I used 3/8th inch line, as stated, and brass fittings. The brass are thread to barb. I can't recall what size thread, but just take the pump in with you. It's an easy size. If you remove the stock line by pulling the line clip (discussed in previous threads), the 3/8th rubber line will fit perfectly over the nipple on the FSV. Be sure you attach to the correct nipple.

I replaced the fitting at the fuel filter with a 90° brass, thread to barb. Picture below.

You must be registered for see images attach

That picture, BTW, was uploaded directly from my computer, NOT by way of a picture host such as Photobucket. Good Work, Lee.
Now thats a fine picture Ken... You get my pat on the back for the day award. Nothing worse to me than a fuzzy pic asking for information... If the pics blurry don't post it. Get another one so others can help out identifying something...

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking here the other day and seen a thread about the Carrier fuel pump that had a lot of pics and exactly how it was installed. It also had a picture of the plug that would plug into the one that is already on the filter and the picture showed the plug in the packaging. Has anyone seen that thread and could you point me in the right direction and yes I did a search but came up with nothing. I'd like to buy that plug that was in the package in the picture and want to find out where to get it. I really do not want to cut the plug off and use the heat shrink tubing.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking here the other day and seen a thread about the Carrier fuel pump that had a lot of pics and exactly how it was installed. It also had a picture of the plug that would plug into the one that is already on the filter and the picture showed the plug in the packaging. Has anyone seen that thread and could you point me in the right direction and yes I did a search but came up with nothing. I'd like to buy that plug that was in the package in the picture and want to find out where to get it. I really do not want to cut the plug off and use the heat shrink tubing.

HERE IS THE ARTICLE ...........

Hope that helps John.

Heath

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The article Heath posted the link for shows a pump with 1/4" npt female connections. The pump I got from genlightening a couple of weeks ago has 1/8" npt female connections. The electrical plug I bought for mine is a Standard Motor Products Handypack # HP7320.

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Heath, I got mixed up looking at the text beside the pictures in the article. The picture showing the side connection on the Carrier pump looked bigger than an 1/8".
I thought the article may have been showing the different pressure pump, and may have different connections. My bad!

Ronnie