need some help again

hmhorawa

Reaction score
Well my 97 12 valve still won't shut off I took it in to get an oil leak fixed and the guy looked at it and said it was my pump but now my truck cuts out my rpm drops when I'm just cruisin I'm in globe Arizona and don't know of any place to take it so any help or any mechanic suggestions would help

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the fuel shut off solenoid, they have been known to stick before. you can reach down there and move the arm to kill it if needed.

Whit

Reaction score
you need a new shut off soloind..............for now just go lift up the arm on it to shut it down

hmhorawa

Reaction score
Ok so I took my truck into the dodge dealer they ran a test got my truck to shut off now but its been cutting out and they said the only thing that showed up on the test was the
Crank positioning sensor does that sound logical. I was just wondering before I spend 200 to fix it

4play

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i disagree, the crank sensor doesnt control the way the engien will run, 12v engine are mechanically injected. if the shut off solenoid is sticking it will cause running problems such as, low power, cutting out, no starts, not shutting off.

diesele-rock

diesele-rock
Reaction score
i had the same problem with my 96 it would run with hardly any power and would shut off going down the road change the shut off solenoid like the other guys said it will fix it. if you can look for one on e-bay they are a lot cheaper there

funcruise

Reaction score
Before you spend the money for a new one try taking yours off and clean it. Possibly its got some dirt and crud up in it. The rubber boot might have worn out and let dirt in. Its a very simple job to do.Also there is a relay on the firewall that sometimes fails.....