NEED MORE BOOST

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel is saying the bullmoost is a 100% increase over stock fuel. Therefore to have a proper running system-as he mentioned, you need a turbo that can push enough air to completely com bust that 100% increase in fuel.
Personally I wouldnt run a stock turbo if I had a big pump like that. Would pretty much be like maxing the fuel on an NA truck, just not enough air.
The whole system has ot be sized appropriately, bandaids are only that. Its being limped/restricted.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
After working on dialing in 90 cc and 100 cc IP's on nearly identical builds, the 90 cc IP maxed out and intercooled is a very good match for one of the big 3 production kits on the market. As the 100 cc lays out the fuel, it needs quite a bit more air than the big 3 systems can achieve to achieve optimal burn and power rates.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any ideas how a 100cc would run with an HX35 t00rbo?

PwrSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, but going back to the OP's problem, wouldn't dialing back the fuel some or a lot bring down his terminal EGTs until such time as he upgrades his turbo setup to match his 100cc pump?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say so. Almso make surethe timing is correvt and not too retarded which will contribute to higher egts

Black dawg

Reaction score
Okay, but going back to the OP's problem, wouldn't dialing back the fuel some or a lot bring down his terminal EGTs until such time as he upgrades his turbo setup to match his 100cc pump?

yes, this would lower his egt, but I still dont understand his low boost levels.

The one and only factory turbo truck that I have played with, in the end would make 20 psi and 1200 deg. This was with the upgraded elbow and big down pipe. The wastegate rod was left alone, and used a crude metered leak before the actuator to raise boost levels. This allowed full wastegate opening when max psi was reached.

The injection pump was also crudely modded. Dont know how much extra fuel, but before extra boost was added, it would easily make 14-1500 deg temps. Adjusting from the 10 psi to making 20 psi cooled it down to 1200 deg. This was non intercooled. This is why I say something is wrong with his turbo set up.

Black dawg

Reaction score
any ideas how a 100cc would run with an HX35 t00rbo?

Depends on rpm. Turbo efficiency is related to engine rpm (airflow) as much as it is to boost level.
You cant just say that this turbo gets crappy at that boost level without knowing rpm and airflow.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is where finding the right turbo becomes so difficult. There are about 5 factors for ME to consider, which is Function, Fit, Price, Availability and Desirability. Finding a new turbo where all 5 of those align is extremely difficult! We do offer the hypermax puff limiter, which would essentially eliminate smoke, but it does so by doing the same thing your foot can do. So for those who are able to understand the issue, it's not a solution really. The HX-35 is popular turbo people like to talk about, but it is really a turbo family, and there are variants in it. You can't just find ANY HX-35 and expect the same results as some other guy. You need the same part number. Also, those are journal turbos. I don't believe it wastegated turbos, so ball bearing is where its at to get the best fit at all RPM's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online