need complete engine for 1995

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 95 that has bad compression,injectors,glow plugs,has over 250000 miles so im thinking new complete engine,any deals out there?:dunno

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheaper to rebuild yours than it would to buy a NEW one.
you can get a used engine....
my E350 has 290k on it and still running strong.
how do you know it has low compression?

http://conestogadiesel.com/products.html
he has injectors, and glowplugs are cheap.

mcghan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
compression has been checked right side 3 cylinders were 300,one glow plug wouldnt come out,left side was between160-260 and porcelin was missing on one of glow plugs,160 cyl was hit with air and was coming out intake,exhaust,crankcase,the mechanic looking at it most of damage caused by ether,low cylinder by bad injector,prices i have seen are $3500 and up on long block,$1200 for injectors,$600 or so for glow plugs and associated componets,add upper end oil pump and gaskets and various other stuff better off buying complete engine,hell i dont know would have more in rebuild than i have in truck,i could canibalize it and make my idi a 4x4,sucks because truck has alot of potential,not sure which way to go

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that all depends on your budget.
i like the canibalization idea.
at this point, do what your pocket book tells ya.
ive purchased 2 97 7.3's for a grand a piece.....
i have a good lower end, but im in cali... and i dont know if i wanna part with it lol
like to travel? ill keep my eye on a block.....( i do anyways, not much else to do when you cant sleep)

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Go over to PSN and ask airfish2011 if he still has spare engines for sale. He usually has a few fleet engines for a really good price.