NEED A STOCK TACH

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does any one have the stock tach for '83-'86 interiors? I got one from a F650 with a 8.3 cummins and it doesn't work. The tach only goes to 3500 RPM. The IDI tachs got 4500??? Anyway, it doesn't work with the IDI stuff. :mad: Try'ed three different senders, one of which is brand new. Anyway, I think the issue is with the tach itself. I'm guessing the signal is wrong for the F650 tach. :confused: :puke: I love to buy one for the '83-'86 if anyone has one they don't need.

Heath

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i gotta hit the junkyard today.ill take a look and see if they have one.im guessinga one from a gasser will work?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the gasser tach won't work unfortunately. :mad: Well, if anyone finds or see's one.................keep me in mind. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Heath

Reaction score
Heath,

DirtyShovel PM'd me a while back about a tach at TDS. I PM'd back to see if he's still got it around. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Paul

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Heath,
Gonna be hitting the yard tomorrow as well for some heater box control parts. I was informed they have an 86 6.9L in the yard with a bad motor but truck is complete. Let me know by 0800hrs tomorrow. I'll see what I can do fer ya. ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hesutton said:
Yeah, the gasser tach won't work unfortunately. :mad: Well, if anyone finds or see's one.................keep me in mind. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Heath

ok,it wasa thought.i dont see many diesel trucks in the yardsaround here.most of them are run right till they cant be run no more,junked and squished right away.but if i come accross one ill let you know

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Heath,
Gonna be hitting the yard tomorrow as well for some heater box control parts. I was informed they have an 86 6.9L in the yard with a bad motor but truck is complete. Let me know by 0800hrs tomorrow. I'll see what I can do fer ya. ;Sweet

I know it is a little late to answer now, but if you found one..............I want it Ron. :hail

I saw the newer tach on ebay as well. I dont know how I could get it in the instrument cluster.

Thanks for asking about that tach 6point9.

Heath

82fordtruck

Reaction score
that newer tach definitely will not fit.

That is a really good price for that though...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Ron................any luck finding a tach ('83-'86) at the boneyard?

Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes.............. LOL

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
UHHH,

Haven't made it there yet. Keep getting sidetracked. I have a short day Wednesday and will get down there then as he has one there. Don't have the price yet, but shoot me a pm with a number and will get with ya on the details.
He had a couple of IDI's there and no big demand for em. :D
I haven't forgot about ya just been swamped.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Heath,
just talked to momma. I am on the way right now to go get one fer ya. ;Sweet

Ya got my number there at the house now, so give me a shout when ya get there. Need some info. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online