Need a Radiator

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
I just tried the radiator.com thing. That was pretty cool, except that no one answered the phone. However, the online quote was $227.90 which is good if the quality is up to par.

Thanks all.

GenLightening-
I want to go with new, but thanks for the offer.

Tom

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tried the radiator.com thing. That was pretty cool, except that no one answered the phone. However, the online quote was $227.90 which is good if the quality is up to par.

Thanks all.

GenLightening-
I want to go with new, but thanks for the offer.

Tom

Call them, their online quotes are a little BS and often not accurate, Over the phone you may get several quotes for different warrenties, radiators etc. While the "Chat" seems real, you're talking to a computer, not a human.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WE AIN'T WAITING ON ME

I got to thinking on how possibly rotten and stopped-up my old 22 year-old radiator was getting, and of how I was courting imminent radiator disaster; so, I just stopped at Advance, this morning, and picked up a new radiator, Ready Rad # 432194.

I got a few more ducks to get lined up, before I install it, such as a good system flushing, some re-plumbing, heater-core bypass, by-pass coolant filter, and a controllable bottom drain that drains in an empty jug instead of all over the ground and me.

It makes me feel better, having it on hand, just in case I have to call home and have it brought to me, in a coolant emergency.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ONE LESS THING TO WORRY ABOUT

I stopped at Advance and picked up a new radiator, Ready Rad # 432194.

I installed my new radiator.

I added a 1/4"NPT two-inch long nipple, female-female cut-off valve, street-ell turned down, 1-1/2" nipple pointed down, and just in case, a cap, all made of brass; all this took the place of the usual pit-**** drain that sprays anti-freeze everywhere but in the drain-pan.:puke:

Now, I can drain as little as a drop, or as much as a gallon at a time, and drain it straight into a jug, instead of all over the ground, me, and the bottom of the truck.:thumbsup:

While I had the coolant out, I installed a ball-valve cut-off in the HOT heater-hose, thereby cutting the hot coolant out of the cab, in the summer.

That alone was worth about ten degrees at the A/C vents, according to the dial thermometer that resides in one of the vents.;Sweet

I also removed and washed out the recovery jug; there was a ton of rust collected on it's sides.

So far, I haven't seen any ponds of antifreeze under it.
:D

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump.

I just installed a Spectra from AZ in my truck. It's all aluminum, same the same or similar fin count, and the core is just as thick. Looking from the top, I can't tell how many rows due to the slits being much longer.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it has been six-and-a-half years since my new Ready Rad radiator and it is still going strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online