N/A custom intakes, anyone have one

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the addition of g31 batteries under the hood of my rig has forced me to remove the stock intake pipe that bolts to the header panel; now I just have the 3 inches or so of tube that is attached to the air filter.

Has anyone made any custom intakes for a N/A? Dont need crazy specific details, just need some ... inspiration.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are pics of the g31s installed. I still need the hold down setup for one.

You must be registered for see images attach

doesnt protrude tall enough to effect the hood

I think they are g31s, they say m31 on them, and are double the size and weight of my stock size batteries. I priced them out at like $265 bones a pop! Marine batteries I guess idk, they came in my parts truck and my batteries died so in they went! Picked up the parts truck for cheap because it didnt start, guy thought the batteries were the issue haha.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well he went over kill to fix the issue he thought very nice I been wanting something like those.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice setup there.. Something is wrong with the jack handle. It should not ride over the battery like you have... Gotta go look at mine.. Never have removed or used it in 16 years of truck ownership...

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary that is the style of obs clips. Our bricks are different. My 93 drw is the exact same as his.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the battery jack handle doesnt clip into its holder on the pass side due to the g31 as well. I should get rid of the jack handle and jack since I always have a floor jack with me, idk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look up what Redstang410 did with his truck. the snorkel was bought from a Aussie supplier spec'ing for a Nissan Patrol. Doesn't look like he has a problem with the snorkel being undersized if you ever seen his youtube vids of his rig in action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online