My truck R.I.P. 12/09/04

Ggg

Reaction score
I totaled my truck. I "T"-boned a 01 blazer @ 55- 60mph. Hit it in the passenger side from the "b" post back. Rather violent impact, only the tailgate is ok. Both vehicles are totaled. It was not my fault the other person pulled into my path and I had the right of way. They got the ticket. Nobody was hurt badly, I walked away, just sore. This sucks friggin big time, I was not in the market to buy a truck. But I am now. That truck never let me down, I hate to loose it. Most likely a SD with the 7.3. or a OBS truck SC or CC. SD can be 3/4 or 1 ton, but OBS must be a 1 ton. Anyone know of any for sale, even a Dodge? GM, no thanks I will not own a 4x4 without a manual t/c shifter. Got to be a diesel.

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Any collision you walk away from is fortunate, especially a T-bone.
And you were alone in the truck, which can be replaced.

Hope for some good news re: your by-back on your 180kmi "just broke in" truck:D

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your OK.... I have not seen to many trucks for sale but I will keep my eyes open...

ISNMU

Whit

Reaction score
Thank God everybody is OK, your gaurdian angel was lookin out for ya. Trucks are easily replaced but Ggg is a one of a kind as there was only one made :)

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Hey Greg, Glad you're ok. Trucks can be replaced. What was the fate of the bumper you got from me? My truck was broadsided on 9/1/04 but luckily there was no frame damage and today you'd never know there were any body panel replacements. Perhaps you remember my post at TDS? Hope you find a suitable replacement and stay in touch with us.

Richard

Ggg

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the replies.
Hi Richard, I do remember your post about your wreck, and I remember your truck well. I found a home for your bumper. The day before the wreck I got a 91 D350 DRW Cummins Std cab box truck. It is going to become a landscaping dump truck. The current rear bumper is integral with the box, (D.O.T. bar). Unfortunately the truck is not road worthy right now, no P/S, or Vacuum assist.

I got a look at the F250 today.
Well, Ins. Co. said it is a total. I am happy with the value, and I will be buying it back. Engine does not look as bad as I first thought. Trans, and transfer case are unknown yet. Front clip is toast, R. frame rail is *****, cab, and bed are sprung. Passenger door looks like minor damage from fender. Tailgate, drivers door, and tool box are good. Laptop and PDA are toast. Cell phone is good. I think I found out why I have a bruise on the back of my head. I used a cut off broom handle as a sliding window lock and I think it flew out and hit me in the head. I tore the rear 2/3 of the blazers body from the frame. It's a total too. I am really surprised at how well the truck stayed in tact for such a impact, at high speeds. Even if I had a passenger, I think they would have been fine too, there was no intrusion to the cab at all. The Blazer on the other hand, I think the drivers seat was the only good place to be. Thank God there were no passengers.

Max Power

Reaction score
Glad you are ok. Just so you know you can get a GM with a manual transfer case shifter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance