my junkyard steal of the year

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'd like to just buy a 6" drop bracket though. And they cut the front driveshaft taking it out, but it wouldn't have worked anyways. It was an auto truck, mine is in the process of being a manual. Different lengths. I think I'll just have my driveshaft shortened for it.

I'm putting it in asap! Already powerwashed it, gonna hit it with some rustoleum and slide her in. I'm gonna replace the axle joints, pack the bearings and replace the track bar bushings. I may have to use my calipers but mine are the same style so that works out. The rotors are quite a bit thinner on the inside than the outside. I'm in the middle of my transmission swap right now but I hope to have it swapped in soon.

Got a clean diesel 4 core radiator for $45 at a yard too, doesn't have a bent fin on it! That'll go in soon too. Was a good weekend for sure.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Thanks man, I'd like to just buy a 6" drop bracket though. And they cut the front driveshaft taking it out, but it wouldn't have worked anyways. It was an auto truck, mine is in the process of being a manual. Different lengths. I think I'll just have my driveshaft shortened for it.

You will get a vibration out of the F250 shaft in the truck if you have ANY lift. The F350 shaft has a double cardian joint for a reason. I would go back and get the 2 halves of the F350 shaft and have a new tube put in it. But like I said, make sure your get the front yolk too

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
hit it with the rattle can today :sly

You must be registered for see images attach

the f250 in the background is what it's going under. gonna take my dust shields and calipers off my truck so i didn't bother painting them

You must be registered for see images attach

it's gonna have downtime while the transmission is being worked on anyways so i figure i'll do the swap now. will have 4"/6" ifs drop brackets for sale soon if anybody needs em!

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
i bought new axle joints and axle seals, they'll go in after its under the truck. Will repack bearings as well. I have to replace the dust shields, if I do so before it's under I'll bend em all to hell. So I'll do it all at once after it's under. Going to use my calipers and may end up buying new rotors since these are worn thinner on the inside.

89ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you kidding me?? I thought my 40/20/40 seat in perfect shape was a steal at $40 but this takes it! I'll have to find a truck with one for my swap