My homemade rear bumper.

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I in finally got the bumper i made on yesterday. What do you think?

You must be registered for see images attach

inyoyote

Reaction score
Looks pretty stout. I like the easy access rings and the overall simplicity. Even if you did hurt it, it wouldn't be hard to straighten and re-paint. You didn't show the back side, but I'd imagine there aren't any places to trap moisture and promote rust. Good job. Is the tow hitch a factory piece or home made also?

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words. The piece of c channel weighs 60 pounds by itself, I won't be bending it anytime soon, and even if I did i definatly won't be straightening it...haha. The hitch is a factory hitch but not to these trucks, i welded it to the c channel. I stuck a 4 foot piece of 2" in the receiver and pressed down on it with the bucket loader of our 125 hp tractor and almost got the front wheels of my truck off the ground...so no strength issues there..lol. I made it so there would be no where for water to sit but even if it did, it would take 150 years to rust through that c channel.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it! Can I suggest adding a folding step to each end?

Attachments

• step.JPG
    step.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 105

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job. I like those tow rings. Now you can pull it out backwards if need be when you bury it in one of those Manitoba snow banks. :D

Edit: You anywhere's near Nepeewa (SP)?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it! Can I suggest adding a folding step to each end?
Ya those are good to have those steps. I got a pair for my rig when I do the custom rear setup..

Yer bumper looks good and stout...don't want to rear end you that's for sure...some poor honda will be like uh Oh *** over...and then nothing but broken bits of plastic..

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha thanks, my winch and recovery gear are for my dodge and chevy buddies :) I don't get stuck..lol and neither does my one friend with a 04 6.0 powerstroke.

I am pretty close to neepawa. You have connections? Lol

86SCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already totalled a civic with my front bumper..haha stoplight+icy roads= bye bye civic!! It was funny when the guy (yes guy lol) got out of his civic, and proceeded to ***** me out for my huge front bumper...I said hey, now you get to upgrade your **** box!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online