My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only ran into the need for a creeper gear once so far, but it's nothing a lo-hi range shuffle with the t-case didn't fix LOL

Why the switch to Baby Moose, the Bull too much of a pump for your needs and uses?

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trans is an np435 not a t19. 2nd gear in the zf5 would ***** the truck out but first was too low. With the 435 i can comfortably start off in 2nd and its spaced just right. The t19 in my rollback does just as you say. I have to rev it out from 3 to 4. I missthe od but the big tires make up for it. Next step is to go back to a stock pump

I know the T19 in my Scout is like that. I've had NP435's, T18's, and SM420's in other vehicles and it was no problem just as you described. The wide range in the T19 is killer between 2nd and 3rd. I've never had a close ratio T19 to know if it was any better or not?

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I guess I've never really noticed that because i always use the yellow lines on the tac as shift points. LOL

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled at harford. In the stock class I beat an 8 day old dodge and a 2013 f350 for for 1st place. Got dq'd when the two guys went to the judge and said traction bars aren't stock LOL. There was only 5 trucks in the class. And in the mod class there was 78 trucks. I beat out quite a few but I couldn't compete with those new trucks that have chips and exhaust. Its such an awesome feeling knowing to pulled 20 feet past a brand new dodge! Everybody was going nuts for the old girl I'll post a video if anyone cares. Usually for all the trouble of uploading I get roughly 7 views so lemme know if anyone wants to see.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way i see it those guys were upset their $50k truck just got outpulled by a 40 year old truck with a 30 year old engine, built with used parts in six months by a lunatic in his little garage on a show string budget.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way i see it those guys were upset their $50k truck just got outpulled by a 40 year old truck with a 30 year old engine, built with used parts in six months by a lunatic in his little garage on a show string budget.
Heck in their position I'd be pissed as well, not so much cause you won but more cause my brandy new all that and then some truck lost LOL Whining about the traction bars is a low blow tho, can you say sore losers? Regardless, good job you did there!