my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Did you mean seconds:dunno And around is not very close when 1 second on the dragstrip is a huge hp difference especially when your truck supposedly weighs 8200lbs. In your video it takes 12 seconds to go from 20 -60

I'm not building a drag truck, 1 second makes no difference to me, considering my weight fluxuates by nearly 1000lbs depending how much fuel I have in it at the time:rolleyes:

As for it taking 12 seconds to go from 20-60 I think I already mentioned that I think the needle is slow, which I verified it being not only slow, but off by using my cell phone GPS speedo and tomtom. It is almost 6mph lower than actual speed, which upsets me... its a $300 speedometer. I am going to send it in to speedhut to get refaced 0-100 and recalibrated.

Ya that must be it. :rolleyes:

The part that kind of makes me feel bad for you is that you seem to actually believe you are making these numbers. This is what you seem to be missing: your dyno results are seriously flawed. Think about it! I could do a pull in 2nd gear, come up with over 1000 ft/lbs of torque and then pretend, um I mean formulate, that torque at some rpm I pull out of my butt, 3200 in your case, and come up with 609 horsepower.

I guess you didnt watch my video, did you count how many gears I shifted? I feel bad for you pulling scenarios out of my butt. Just because you aren't smart enough to figure this stuff out ,doesnt mean I am not;Sweet

Why do you keep editing your post every time you are caught in an inconsistency? LOL Everytime I re-read your posts, they are different.

Once again, you seem to have a horrible case of diarrhea of the mouth, spouting out inaccurate information. I have NEVER edited my post to account for what you call an "inconsistency", I edit posts because I try to pretty them up, and add more stuff when I think about it, once again... don't question my integrity, I have more than you could ever dream of having.

This thread has me bummed out because as long as I have been a member here, I have always held you in high regard, and I respect your abilities as a builder, so it is terrible to see your credibility crash and burn because of this stupid dyno run. The run is flawed because not all variables have been accounted for, not because we are a bunch of meanies.

My run is flawed because people like you are too ignorant to understand how a dyno works, and you fabricate your own scenario's out of jealousy or whatever it may be. RPM is not a variable needed to calculate a torque number, the only "unaccounted variable" is that a few of you don't think that I am intelligent enough to know what my RPM was, but that's ok, its just too bad for you.
But c'mon, your truck runs great, and nobody is disputing that. ;Sweet

Yeah, mine too. with lesser 3.55 gears, a lesser Turbo, and the same transmission.
Granted I weight 700lbs or so less than you, but I also have well under 100hp from what you are showing.
This video was with a worn out c6 trans. Truck is a good bit skippier with the zf5.
an auto and 3.55's will be MUCH quicker than a 4.10/ZF5 truck with everything else identical. I dont know how many times I have posted this, but apparently it has fallen on deaf ears.
Not to bad at any rate for pushing 200k miles.
I'm not trying to "one up ya" I'm just saying that with all the power you've got, there must be something wrong with your setup (clutch slipping?).
Considering PSD's and other trucks with similar power to mine run 8.5-10 0-60 times (youtube is your friend) I would have to say that your speedometer is off. I need you to post a current video with a GPS in the video as well, otherwise your claims are flawed

EDIT: (not to account for an inconsistency LOL), but I made it to Ft. Lewis. Truck ran good. I had to adjust static timing in the high desert to get the smoke/egt's down. I had more EGT issues than I wanted that an intercooler would not of fixed. I am already looking at building a water injection kit for it. Plenty of power, just couldnt pull big hills in 5th with more than about 1/4 throttle when at higher elevations. Low elevation pulling snoqualmie pass I was able to do the entire pass only downshifting to 4th once. Turbo starts fluttering when I drop below 2500rpm in 5th laying into the throttle.

This trip gave me a real good idea of where I'm at, and what I need to do to get exactly where I need to be.

Did it work well enough that I could leave it alone? Sure... I never had to drop below 50mph on any grades, and pulled most of them in 5th gear, but there is modifications that I could definitely make to make it a lot better.

Also, total weight was 15,520lbs with 60 of 105gal of fuel (have a weight slip)

You guys sound really crazy with your claims and doubts. You act like its some conspiracy or something. Like I have a reason, money, or time to made fraudulent dyno runs. C'mon guys, get it together.

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope you didnt make that trip never happened we dont have a full length video of it with a direct trip to the dyno at the end and every hour you stopping to show that the motor didnt magiclly change to a cummins when we werent paying attention

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
nope you didnt make that trip never happened we dont have a full length video of it with a direct trip to the dyno at the end and every hour you stopping to show that the motor didnt magiclly change to a cummins when we werent paying attention

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Caught me up in an inconsistency again:rolleyes:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ur so unorganized man get it together or this whole site will be as bad as you but i give ya credit you can do a cummins swap really fast so fast we didnt even notice it

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Oh and just so I can throw some fun back up into my thread.... good shot of both my fords

You must be registered for see images attach

See the dent in the driver door? Wasn't paying attention the night before I left, and clipped the phone pole backing my trailer into my driveway... did a lot of damage.
and my B2 getting it:

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
old girl still looks mad good
you going to give me that motor when the new one is built?

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
and then I let my wife drive :

Last edited:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Obligatory response: Thats what happens when women get behind the wheel :rotflmao

As for everyones ******* ruffling... Many were in disbelief that IDIs could make more power than stockish. I've seen several claims that beat Heaths dyno and a few dyno slips as well (including yours).
Slapping a reman pump and injectors on, a stock turbo, and doing exhaust ain't gonna make huge numbers... Or an intake job lol. They help but wont make a super IDI alone. More Boost + fuel & contain it all..... = POWER. I'll go back to drinking now. Behave yourselves

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
an auto and 3.55's will be MUCH quicker than a 4.10/ZF5 truck with everything else identical. I dont know how many times I have posted this, but apparently it has fallen on deaf ears.
That is strange that my experience having both autos and manuals, 3.55 and 4.10 gears in the same exact truck is 100% the opposite of what you have been telling all those deaf ears. I guess I should put 2.73 gears and an auto in my Galaxie before I take it to the track, the 4.10's and a wide ratio toploader will obviously slow it down, Thanks!

Considering PSD's and other trucks with similar power to mine run 8.5-10 0-60 times (youtube is your friend) I would have to say that your speedometer is off. I need you to post a current video with a GPS in the video as well, otherwise your claims are flawed
I've used two different gps units to make sure my speedo was good. Oddly enough my wifes car (an '05) is off 2 mph but the old ford cable driven truck is dead on, gotta love old tech. So when I get the free time, I'll have to take a video of me driving with a gps to make you happy.

good to see you made the trip safely, a door ding can be fixed! Good luck at the new base.
Drew

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Hey NMB2,

Where were those pictures taken? Looks an awful lot like south/central Utah....

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
That is strange that my experience having both autos and manuals, 3.55 and 4.10 gears in the same exact truck is 100% the opposite of what you have been telling all those deaf ears.
Thats nice, although most do/would agree with me. a 3.55 truck is faster than a 4.10 truck. 4.10 truck tows a little better.

I guess I should put 2.73 gears and an auto in my Galaxie before I take it to the track, the 4.10's and a wide ratio toploader will obviously slow it down, Thanks!
F-IT man, you might as well throw in some 5.13's:rolleyes:
apples to oranges;Sweet
Although, a built auto will shift faster than you ever could.

I've used two different gps units to make sure my speedo was good. Oddly enough my wifes car (an '05) is off 2 mph but the old ford cable driven truck is dead on, gotta love old tech. So when I get the free time, I'll have to take a video of me driving with a gps to make you happy.

Definitely, GPS and stopwatch would be great;Sweet

good to see you made the trip safely, a door ding can be fixed! Good luck at the new base.
Drew

Bit more than a door ding, it trashed the door, sucks. Oh well.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
and if you don't let them have some fun with the toys, they will put a quick end to the toy projects. trust me, it cuts both ways.-cuss-cuss-cuss

I always laugh at friends that let/act like their spouse controls their projects. Its my extra money, and its my hobby.... I control it.

However, she does like driving the B2 on mild trails, its just a plus:sly

Hey NMB2,

Where were those pictures taken? Looks an awful lot like south/central Utah....

20 miles west of Elko, NV.

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
i still dont understand why you talked about the upgraded compressor housing when you didn't actually have one. thats the inconsistency that bugs me. and you're crazy to think no one will second guess you when you make a statement and then change it a couple days later. you didn't tell the truth to begin with, we're supposed to assume you're telling it now?

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
i still dont understand why you talked about the upgraded compressor housing when you didn't actually have one. thats the inconsistency that bugs me. and you're crazy to think no one will second guess you when you make a statement and then change it a couple days later. you didn't tell the truth to begin with, we're supposed to assume you're telling it now?

Not entirely true. Dude, I was being doubted and this thread was heading south WAY before I revealed that I was running a stock 093 on the dyno.

Also, it is not entirely true that I dont have an upgraded compressor. I do have a 093 turbo I rebuilt with T04z parts, test fit, and ran for a couple of days. It is however true that it is not currently, this very second, installed on the truck, but it has been installed, and I do have it in my possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online