My Diesels pics inside

lilredtdi

Reaction score
Thought I would post a few pics of my diesels. I am a pretty new member and did not include photos with my introduction. I have a love/hate relationship with them all of them. Between the 3 of them combined I am at about 800K. Enjoy and thank all of you for the help you have already given me and I am sure you will in the future. The dogs name is diesel also. I got him right after I bought my first diesel the red TDI. He was already named that when I got him. Pretty ironic huh?

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 14
  • cats 004.JPG
    cats 004.JPG
    560.5 KB · Views: 15
  • misc may 2012 004.JPG
    misc may 2012 004.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice family of diesel rigs there. I'm on the hunt for a Diesel Ranger myself a TDI VW if auto would work for super wifey LOL

lilredtdi

Reaction score
The TDI makes driving fun. The torque down low is great for everyday driving and speeds. It is not a 1/4 miler but very fun!! However, if some joker gets frisky at 45-50 mph, GAME ON! I have had that car to 130 and she still had some left.

Now the 89 NA Jetta is 0-60 in about 10 minutes:dunno

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Great pics! and welcome to Oilburners!

Not sure,... but you and I may have been separated at birth.

Your Truck: Red Ford Diesel
My Truck Red Ford Diesel,

Your Car, Jetta TDI,
My (wifes) car Jetta TDI (yours is way cooler)

Your other car Jetta Diesel
My driver Passat Diesel (96 tdi, but close enough)

Your Dog, "Diesel"
My Dog "Diesel"

LOL

Thanks for the pics!

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I named my dog diesel too. He hasn't lived up to it yet. LOL

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Likin' the Jetta II, lilredtdi. Luvved my '85 turbo-IDI Jetta, but it was an endless pile of problems, though the shop I took it to was probably a factor. :backoff

Yeah, those factory alloys make for a great look; just make sure you always have the special tool for those center caps. Engineered to NOT come off without the tool! :mad:

Mk II VWs hard to find these days, even here in no-rust-land.... :(

lilredtdi

Reaction score
Thanks Darrin;Sweet

Please post a pic of your pooch diesel, I would love to see him. When you get ready to sell the Passatt, keep me in mind. Does it have the big fuel tank? I would LOVE to get ahold of one of those with the large tank as the full-empty range is 1200 miles or so.

lilredtdi

Reaction score
Thanks.

That car I found on CL for 1000 bucks not running 18 months ago. I talked the guy down to 800, rented a tow dolly and brought her home. ( I had a V6 Ranger at that time.)

The car had all of the owners manuals, origional spare, jack etc. The bonus was a notebook with every fillup and service since it was new and diesel was 89 cents a gal. I *think* the person I got it from bought in 2004 and left it sit in a barn until 2011. Got it on the road and after a month or so it conked out due to old dry-rotted fuel lines. They were shade tree mechanics but were not familiar with diesels.

Once home I hooked up a battery charger and bottle fed her while cracking all of the injection lines and she fired right up.

After that I just began working on her. New injectors, water pump, timing belt, hoses, vacuum lines, return/supply fuel lines, radio, wheels/tires, rear window rubber, motor mounts, half shafts and patched the exhaust.

The car has one small dent on the rear drivers door and a very, very small amount of rust on the inner edge of the fender lips. I have not tried to get the dent out yet but should be able to pop most of it out from the inside.

Evidently the original owner took very good care of the car.

lilredtdi

Reaction score
Got those wheels for $100 bucks from a guy in Norfolk. He had began polishing them but never finished. Some sweat equity and a 5 dollar harbor freight polishing kit on my drill shaped em up! Prepping and hand painting the holes black was like punishment.......LoL But nice wheels for a total investment of about $125. Found the tires on CL for $80 bucks with 80% good tred and the guy selling them had a mounter and balancer. He charged me $10 each to mount and balance.

God, I LOVE a bargain.

lilredtdi

Reaction score
With the price of fuel, if a person does not need a big truck for work, why drive it? I think I have only put 3K on my truck in over a year. The TDI and NA jetta get the commuting duties. Driving a big truck just to drive it is kinda dumb in my book.

BTW- Nice rig! I am diggin that yellow/white combo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online