my 7.3 build, part 1?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has a smaller turbine housing and the waste gate is on the opposite side.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typ4 on my turbo:
"The stock ford turbo and ATS 093 have a T3 stage 3 wheel.
STAGE III 2.229" 2.559"
m STAGE II 2.122" 2.559"

As you can see the major dia. is the same but the minor is smaller. It had to be worked on previously as there were some strange marks under the compressor nut.
It should work a lot better as the gasses will effect the whole turbine instead of just the tips."

so someone had messed with my turbo before and put the wrong internal parts in it.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Everything here is about what I have planned for round one. Should my 94 have the stage 3 093 turbo? Where do I learn more about the 60-1 comp wheel? I'm defiantly interested in that.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Everything here is about what I have planned for round one. Should my 94 have the stage 3 093 turbo? Where do I learn more about the 60-1 comp wheel? I'm defiantly interested in that.

You pretty much do have a 093 I believe. The only difference is that the factory turbo housing is kinda closed down and the factory downpipe is crushed. But you can upgrade those. And as for the 60-1 upgrade, talk to Typ4. He will do it for you cus the compressor housing needs to be machined for the wheel to fit. Its a good upgrade from what I hear though.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
88 got it right. my turbo had been put together wrong. everything after '93 should be stage 3. i wonder what my new one counts as...

o and guess what: ITS HERE!!

but my camera's memory card is messed up.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamooo's turbo either had a stage 2 turbine in it or some chinese wheel, the measurements dont really match any of my garrett charts.

It now is the correct t3-stage 3 turbine with the 60-1 hi fi. The minor is the same as.093 comp but the major is .250 larger. Its not much but it seems to work well.
I really like mine and did notice a difference when I changed it., And when getting a new center cartridge it is the same cost as a stocker.
I also think the non gated turbos, all of them would like this or a bigger wheel because they have an even bigger turbine. P trim t4.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You pretty much do have a 093 I believe. The only difference is that the factory turbo housing is kinda closed down and the factory downpipe is crushed. But you can upgrade those. And as for the 60-1 upgrade, talk to Typ4. He will do it for you cus the compressor housing needs to be machined for the wheel to fit. Its a good upgrade from what I hear though.

I have the turbine outlet upgrade and down pipe. Not installed yet. When I do the turbo upgrade I might as well do it all at once.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what is the advantage of the 60-1 wheel mod over the factory set up?

Its is capable of producing a lil more boost without heating it up as much cus the compressor is more efficient. It is capable of iirc 20psi efficiently where as stock can only push 15psi efficiently.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the turbine outlet upgrade and down pipe. Not installed yet. When I do the turbo upgrade I might as well do it all at once.

Ya it would definitely be easier to do it all at once. If I was you, I would do the 60-1 wheel for sure. It would be a good upgrade.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it would be well worth it! Its not an extreme mod and will give you better useable power. Well worth it for a near stock or lightly modded application. That is essentially what it is for. If I were you, I would do it.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Yes it would be well worth it! Its not an extreme mod and will give you better useable power. Well worth it for a near stock or lightly modded application. That is essentially what it is for. If I were you, I would do it.

IF i have my truck long enough to wear out the turbo then i will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online