My 1991 Ford F-350 build thread

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i never expected to be saying this, on may 29th i was coming home and spun out in the rain and hit the concrete. the fender pushed back into the cab and knocked it out of square. insurance totaled the truck because of how much it will cost to fix. it really sucks but at the end of the day it is just metal. it kept me safe so that is what matters. luckily since im terrible with getting stuff done, i still have all my rust free parts and some other goodies saved. i plan to buy another 87-91 IDI and build an upgraded clone of this truck. i wanted to restore it and get it painted the original Dark Shadow Blue Metallic paint but that will never happen to this truck. hardest thing will be finding another sclb f-350 that is a 5 speed and have blue interior for a good price

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So did you buy it back to keep all of the goodies that it had while you were driving it?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i found the fate of the old truck, it got sold thru Copart in philly in july, not sure how much it sold for. i really wish i would have taken the turbo kit and the wheels and the tailgate and batteries off of it before telling insurance about the crash if i knew the a s s holes at insurance would just total it.

i loved the truck i miss the truck but if i still had it and if the crash wouldnt have happened i would have had to replace the IP and injectors plus whatever other wallet draining stuff if would come up with for me to fix. i still have some goodies i never got around to installing on the truck and thank god i didnt put them on cause it would have just been a waste of time effort and money. when i get another idi i will make that truck like how i wanted my '91 to be.

i love my 6.0 it is alot better in every aspect than my 7.3 was but there is no replacing the sentimental value that the truck had.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your loss of your truck after putting in your heart and sole into her. Always like hearing of young guys stories building up their pride and joy. Especially at 16 yrs old. I don`t know how I missed this build thread. :Q

Best thing you were not hurt, like you said it is just metal.
Sad thing it is one more out of the inventory of what is left.

If you had gone into Coparts web site, you might have seen what it sold for.
I bought an 83 Mercedes 300D Diesel that belonged to a friend of mine, that got hit pretty good.
$650 was the BIN price. Signed up with them, hit BIN and WOW it`s mine.....but you have to go through a broker.....$400 and Coparts fee, and they have to deliver it to you $246 and some other $ change....$1600 total.

You may find another IDI down the road ya never know.
A 6.0? HMMMM too rich for my blood...LOL
I wish you the best on this new build.

Goat

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Old Goat well i got a good deal on the 6.0 it is a bit rusty but everything rusts here in PA

the damage was way worse than it looked in the pictures, the frame was not square from corner to corner anymore and the cab and bed were not square either, i could fit 3 fingers in between cab and bed on drivers side and barely fit in 2 on passenger side.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach