Mudflaps

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Got pulled over by the CHP, anyone got any tips on mudflaps? Figure I'll probably have to fab something up having a 10.5 inch lift. 2000 F350, the stockies probably won't get it written off.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Run on down to the local truck stop or the like and pick up a set for a semi - they should be long enough to appease the local fuzz. Fairly easy to mount if you make some mounts out of angle.

jvencius

Reaction score
argve said:
Run on down to the local truck stop or the like and pick up a set for a semi - they should be long enough to appease the local fuzz. Fairly easy to mount if you make some mounts out of angle.

If you get the ones with the chrome naked lady cutout, see if you can rig up a circuit w/two LED's so her ahhh, errrr, uhhhhh, "high beams" come on when you have your headlights on.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
jvencius said:
If you get the ones with the chrome naked lady cutout, see if you can rig up a circuit w/two LED's so her ahhh, errrr, uhhhhh, "high beams" come on when you have your headlights on.

:love: ;Sweet Now you're talking my language...

jvencius

Reaction score
argve said:
:love: ;Sweet Now you're talking my language...

I saw that once on a semi when I was living in MT and while it's not something I would want on my truck, I did have to admire the creativity of whoever did the wiring... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
jvencius said:

I like the way you think ;Sweet

MudHog

Reaction score
When I seen Mud Flaps....... I thought about a gay guys ball bag. :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

I second that your best bet would be to go to a local big rig shop. Nows the time to get some chrome lady flaps. ;Really ;Really

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
Diezel_Cowboy said:
Swany,
I got a big rig set from the local International dealer with nice color international symbols on them.......the International symbol is the next best thing to the naked chicks! ;Really :D

maybe I should take them off your hands? ;Sweet

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
If you want to get fancy hit the local big rig junk yards and get the brackets that fit on the frame. Might even find the hangers and flaps too.

If you want to do it on the cheap, I made some brackets out of an old bed frame and a pair of NAPA fud mlaps

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Swany said:
maybe I should take them off your hands? ;Sweet

You'd have to take them off the truck, they were too big for my hands :D

I had a couple of pieces of steel angle that i welded to the sides of the hitch to mount them, they turned out good. I also had to cut some off the inner side of the mudflap so that they looked more proportional to the truck. With the lift on your truck the full flap might look better though.

Here is a picture:

Attachments

• j11.jpg
    j11.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828