Moving

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as some of you guys have seen i am moving to Warrengsburg, Mo for school. I am towing a trailer, and have my girl friend as my navigator. Loaded truck and trailer up, went to the scales and i am sitting at right about 8900lbs loaded. Trucks a lot slower now, haha. Tomorrow i will be headed up the 15 to the 40 and will be stopping at Verde Valley Camp ground in Sedona, Az. Day 2 will be from there to Albuquerque, NM then to Oklahoma City and then to Devils Den Ntl Park in Ark. Wish me luck, if nothing goes wrong it should be a good trip.

Desert high tomorrow: 110F

Hope my A/C works as good tomorrow as it did today. Not sure how much internet ill have on the trip but ill take plenty of pics...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck weighs over 8900 EMPTY so your's should handle it fine.

You did adjust the brakes, right ?? ;Sweet

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, well so far we have been doing good. Its been long days, pulled most of grades pretty good. Slowest speed has been like 40mph going up to flagstaff, at an elevation of 7000ft. Avg fuel has been about 18mpg. Its been slow keeping it around 55 - 60 MPH.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, well so far we have been doing good. Its been long days, pulled most of grades pretty good. Slowest speed has been like 40mph going up to flagstaff, at an elevation of 7000ft. Avg fuel has been about 18mpg. Its been slow keeping it around 55 - 60 MPH.

Sounds like all is well, I wish you continued success!

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Emporia Ks if you go from Wichita to Kc you'll go right by if you need anything holler at me.

David94IDIT

Reaction score
Goodby funnyman. I'm in Escondido( North San Diego). I just went up 15 to the 40 on my way to the Grand Canyon. Great drive. Have fun and be carefull.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a trouble free move. Enjoy school but not too much......it's too expensive to have too good a time.!LOL

Heath

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha Well we are in Oklahoma city now. The drive has been great, truck is doing great. Hauled butt through Texas, well 65ish. Tomorrow we head out to Devils Den in Ark. Hope we get a good spot!

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i was finally able to get onto the internet. Had to go over to the school and get on. Moved in, and all is well. Truck did good. My best mileage was 21.2, my worst was 13. Avged out it got about 18. Today the belt gave out on the AC, thank god it happened now and not like 200 miles out of Kansas City. Overall not bad, changed the oil, and for the first time i am trying rotella 15-40. I was thinking about going syth with winter coming up but they did not have enough bottles. So now i live in the midwest, If you wanna hang out, i live 2 blocks from the University of Central Missouri campus.

Thanks