Moving Batteries

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its an OBS body style. I have no idea what size batts they are, but I think they are somewhere around 800 cca's :dunno:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were to go through the effort of moving them, I think if I had the space, I'd frame mount them on the passenger side behind the cab. Getting that weight off of the front clip would make the front end a bit happier.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were to go through the effort of moving them, I think if I had the space, I'd frame mount them on the passenger side behind the cab. Getting that weight off of the front clip would make the front end a bit happier.

Yes yes Mel, I was thinking right behind the forward cab body mount area, two group 31 Yellow Optimas then re-ware the solenoid for the starter down to that area,cookoo and voila, NICE SHORT leads to the starter! Moocho cranking power!:sly:sly Also keeps the weight lower better centre of gravity! ya so maybe...hmm...wheels turning now :rotflmao

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shut up mel youre ruining my plans to put zombie killing bumpers on all the idis lol no point to weight reduction when you got a 600 plus pound front bumper lol
i put mine on the drivers side im really special
You must be registered for see images attach

the long run to the starter relay in stock location aint bad at all i moved them to fit the turbo on the pass manifold

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
passenger side bed behind the cab, one Odessey 2150 does the job of two for me

You must be registered for see images

Javier

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that came with the tray its now metal with all thread holding it down and they dont budge

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Find a older ford or chevy van with a diesel. They have 1 battery down on the frame in a nice little box

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find a older ford or chevy van with a diesel. They have 1 battery down on the frame in a nice little box

Sounds cool: got any pics? I really want my batteries out from under the hood, or at the very least on one side of the engine bay.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score

i am going to throw them both down there heck a 2 foot piece of 0 gauge to the starter would really be awesome to

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I want to put two on each side, but then again I'm just weird.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Its an OBS body style. I have no idea what size batts they are, but I think they are somewhere around 800 cca's :dunno:

800cca in a small case with a small reserve capacity is tempting fate for a no start on a cold morning. It's not the CCA that gets you started with a diesel, it's the reserve capacity, that's why you see so many different batts that can be rated with the same CCA output, but the reserve capacity ratings will be all over the map depending on the case size. A high CCA gets you a quick burst that peters out quickly, a high reserve capacity is what gets you the extended cranking needed to get an ornery diesel to fire on a cold morning. This is where a pair of group 31s batts really shine, you can grind those babies down if needed . It's mighty nice having 1150 cca ea along with a high reserve capacity. REmote frame mounts are pretty good setups, just remember rock guards or your high output batts turn into no output batts.