More on the squirrel mobile.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well guys i've not posted in awhile, sorry but work got busy and has left little to no time for the net or working on the squirrel mobile. got the flatbed on and then sold the jeep and now the idi is my daily driver.

when i got the truck i had to replace the front brakes and brake hoses. now i got a problem with the brakes that has me scratching my head. press and hold the peddle and the brake peddle slowly continues to the floor like a busted line again. thing is NO leaking fluid, my guess is the master cyl is bypassing. the truck still stops good even if you brake hard. guess its time for a hydro boost set up. anyone got one for sale.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Hydro-boost booster and master cylinder out of a 99 F450. I bought them for my project but don't need them now. The salvage yard I got them from said the truck had just over 60,000 miles on it. I paid $100 for the pair. So I'd sell them for $100.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
It could be a RABS issue, I would look into that first.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rabs light has been on for a while even before the bypass issue. Wish I knew how to remove 100% of the rabs BS. I hate rear anti lock. Don't see how it does any good seeing as the front brakes do most of the stopping anyway.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RABS because you always want to keep traction on the rear wheels. It keeps you pointed in the right direction. Front only ABS would send you into a tailspin with a quickness. Four wheel ABS is better, but technically harder to make work.
A cool head finessing the brake pedal in an emergency stop trumps all ABS

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree on the cool head. and understand keeping it pointed the right direction but the fact that a "computer" is braking my vehicle for me takes me out of control of the vehicle.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And your sure you have no air in the system? I had this problem once and swore it couldn't be one of the rear wheel cylinders, but it was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin