Moose Pump Update

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bill.... I'm not following you here....;Poke :flipa :bs :cry: :shake: :moon: :kick: :joker: What you mean 2 foot..... Yooouuu make big uckup.... There be many deaths.....:D :D

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I just gave Gary permission to turn the pump DOWN. LOL Guess we will really find out how good his luck is now.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.... This is true. My pyro is showing no problems cruising the freeways at 70 mph. I'm seeing around 600 degrees and around 4 to 5 lbs of boost. I can see a steady stream of a faint black smoke. I have the timing set at 8.5 degrees btdc. Just had that done yesterday, then did a 100 mile test run.... Plenty of power on demand for anything that comes up. I was pulling a long hill and saw 900 degrees and 9 lbs of boost doing 65 mph so there is plenty left in the pump. I just want less black smoke going out the huge 4 inch straight pipe.... Next thing to do is install my Hypermax intercooler.... Maybe even turn it back up and REALLY test those head studs...:D This is really turning out to be a great investment on the Moose Pump. As I posted in another posting here. My cost was way less than the $800.00 a member was quoted for a rebuilt stock pump..... Now this is just money well spent for what I got.... Thanks to Mel and his builder...

tractorman86

Reaction score
hey mel, what would it cost me for a moose pump;Really ? do you need a core, not in a hurry just nosing around and would like to keep it in the comunity;Sweet . just wondering, was that pump i gave u a good core, dont remember if they took it or not.:confused:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That core was turned in as a parts source. It did have some issues, but at least one member has benefited already from a part borrowed off of it, so you donation was appreciated. PM on the way.