Moose Catcher and Reverse Shackle kit for OBS

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooOOooo.... I bet Matthias would like that for the Night Moose.....

As for being a Moose Catcher, I think that may be an over statement. More like a Moose ankle biter. At 6.5 to 7.5 feet tall, a Moose hit by that thing is coming right through the windshield. You'd be better off with a V shaped plow. LOL

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'll be pulling a fiver with my new to me ride. He took this setup off the truck to pull the fiver? How high did it sit? I had my fiver built to go behind a somewhat lifted truck (ie. spring over from the builder, 16" wheels on bigger rubber & pin box pretty far up. My 2003 sat at 59" to the top of the bedside rail & left me 1.5-2" between truck & camper. Was his truck higher than that? Please let me know as that could take me out of the equation should my turn in line come up.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I'll be pulling a fiver with my new to me ride. He took this setup off the truck to pull the fiver? How high did it sit? I had my fiver built to go behind a somewhat lifted truck (ie. spring over from the builder, 16" wheels on bigger rubber & pin box pretty far up. My 2003 sat at 59" to the top of the bedside rail & left me 1.5-2" between truck & camper. Was his truck higher than that? Please let me know as that could take me out of the equation should my turn in line come up.

He actually towed his old 5th wheel with it for years, It was spring over as well and it was fine. But with the new one that he got, it is bigger and he did not want to lift it. So what you have should be fine with any RSK.

You can take a look at his webshots and see how high it sat.

http://www.webshots.com/search?new=1&source=mdocsheader&words=dtosh

Sounds like Nick is getting it depends on the wifey,... he he

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah, he PM'ed me back. He's been hunting one of these down for a while it sounds like. I just learned of them last nite so....he's more deserving of it. Thanks again though, to both of you guys for the replies. If the wife axes the deal though, I'll be here.

dtosh

Reaction score
SOLD.

Thanks Darrin for the help (commission check is in the mail).

Thanks Nick, and wife.

Sounds like you guys have some work to do at the rally now. :thumbsup:

Dave

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
SOLD.

Thanks Darrin for the help (commission check is in the mail).

Thanks Nick, and wife.

Sounds like you guys have some work to do at the rally now. :thumbsup:

Dave

Dave......Yer not coming for a first hand installation demo?

dtosh

Reaction score
Appartently you did not read the fine print at the bottom of the ad.

"Installation not included"

No, we won't be making the trip. We are setting up our camper for the season at East Lake Campgrounds in Hopkins, where you guys have had some fall GTGs. Maybe you and the family can come camping there this summer.

Dave

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Hey Dave,
I looked on BAjAnorth's website & didn't see the listing for the bar or RSK. Do you know what it's under or did you speak directly with Dale or Craig? Is this a comparable or better setup then ORU or the Sky kits? Thanks

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Appartently you did not read the fine print at the bottom of the ad.

"Installation not included"

No, we won't be making the trip. We are setting up our camper for the season at East Lake Campgrounds in Hopkins, where you guys have had some fall GTGs. Maybe you and the family can come camping there this summer.

Dave

Yer no fun.

So they're gonna let us back in after last fall?:D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Dave,
I looked on BAjAnorth's website & didn't see the listing for the bar or RSK. Do you know what it's under or did you speak directly with Dale or Craig? Is this a comparable or better setup then ORU or the Sky kits? Thanks

He only got the Side Bars from them, The RSK and Moose bar came from the guy form TDS in Canada that I pm'd you.

dtosh

Reaction score
Scot,

I think Bajanorth is who fabbed up the parts. I think jcart is friends with them.

Dave

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
if Im not misstaken ORU is the only maker of a kit other than a do it your self, of having somone fab it up.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks Dave.

Double S, there is also a company called Sky Manufacturing that make the same kit but a little beefier & a little cheaper than ORU. Also available in 3" or 5" heights from them. IC friendly as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist