Mel, is this going to be the Mega Moose?

1993 f-250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just build a set of Tube header intakes?Not like we gotta worry about air flow properties of a 4 barrel intake.Free flowing is all we gotta worry about....and with a NA engine you could run 8 individual air cleaners for a cool trick look.....

well soundsl like you are first inline for that!! i would love to see these trucks tricked jout like that. MAN!!!!!

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
the eight air cleaners would be a big waste as if your gonna spend the money on a mega pump and then not run a turbo LOL

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel why are we stuck with the DB2? Others here have claimed to graft a DB4 head onto a DB2 body? What does your pump guy say about that...are these guys just totally full of s***? The DB4 is more expensive but I think it has a lot of potential. A DB4 with your Moose Misters would be a great next step, and I really think with the right calibration could be a highly streetable truck.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when I said we are stuck with the DB2, I mean in terms of fit. And I'm not just talking physical, I'm talking that plus socially and economically. As Chris said, yeah you can jam just about any pump on it that you want, if you ditch the intake and if needed even make your own gear tower and drivetrain. One of the Chevy guys even mounted two pumps plumbed in parrallel to get more fuel on a 6.2 (IIRC). As of yet, no one has come back to me and asked for more fuel than the Moose Pump can provide. Chris did, and we did the design work, but as of yet there is no moola to make it happen. If and when the Super Moose hits the street, and someone manages to run out of fuel with that one, then we can talk about going beyond the DB2. Right now, I don't see it happening. :dunno

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My interest in the DB4 has very little to do with the increased potential for fuel delivery. As far as I can tell your Moose products do a fine job with that and still maintain good reliability. I guess its more like as per Stanadyne's website a DB4 can deliver higher injection pressures by far than a DB2. Say you combine that with a free flowing nozzle like your Moose Misters which can flow big fuel and bug pressure without wasting the spray pattern then what would you have? I'm thinking a lot better fuel ecoonomy, lower emissions, and still plenty of fuel. My understanding was a cou-le guys here had swapped DB4 internals into a DB2 skeleton so that the fitment would still work. These guys RKoch and Motrack seem never to post here anymore. The problem is I've never had a certified pump guy tell me he could or would make it happen. I'm pretty sure that mecahnical DB4 heads for V8's exist, Peninsular Diesel and a couple other sites that make hot 6.2/6.5 marine diesels claim a mechanical 4 roller pump, and it sounds like Towcat had seen some 8 cylinder applications in China. I don't know, many times I'm curious to try something as much for novelty and "can it be done" than I am for actually having a good reason for it.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mell i may need a supermoose in the future when i get this twin turbo beast going
that may make enough air flow to overkill a moose