Meeting forum members!

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to check in and tell you how great this forum is. I had some minor issues on the way south and my fellow members Typ4 and Vegas39 jumped right in to help. Got great advice from Typ4 and and lots of help from Vegas39 on the day he was to leave on a trip! I really appreciate it guys. It was a good trip and I definitely think the bugs are worked out... For now :) Love meeting members on here, all good people. I hope I get the chance to meet the rest of you some day.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And that's how the IDI Weekends were born. Lots of great people in here.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The rally is not just about trucks and engines. Its about people helping people and enjoying the friendship there. Its really a family that comes together once a year after talking here for years. So how was the trip home and did you fix the cooling issues in Vegas or nurse it home and now are looking for radiaters. Glad you found others willing to help. I recall when Kenny came here to San Diego and had a valve issue. I was trying to time his engine but had issues so he pulled the heads and got them rebuilt at a family members home. I gave him some spare lifters to help out. Great guy. Russ is another great guy giving plenty to this group. Not many around that can rebuild a turbo and make is sing a differant tune..:angel:

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did find an acceptable price on the Champion and Kenny and I installed it before I left. Very glad I held out for the best, it is a thing of beauty. Truck ran fantastic on the way back, at night it didn't hardly break 190. Just had to keep the EGT's between 1000-1200 Degrees on the hills. It takes a minute or so, but it will creep past 1200 with the cruise set going uphill(Read; floored). So when I said I could hit whatever EGT's I wanted, I was wrong. It's actually difficult to get it above 1200 while paying attention.