May have found a turbo for my remote mount....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of how long it took to see Barney's dual turbo setup. Patience men! ;Sweet

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
well wheres yours :D didnt you have one in the works? and no excuses like night classes or family blah blah blah....:D :D :D

Dang...called out LOL I got tons of excuses, which one ya want LOL

Seriously, I have a guy making up a test pipe for me so I can bolt up the turbo and see how she spools...but right now the truck's just sitting since I picked up a Tracker to drive back and forth to school, it's getting about 10mpg better ;Sweet

Dieselguy123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Im back, My project is kinda on hold until I find a suitable turbo. The one I had lined up fell through and the original one was way way too small:backoff , and I have since sold my f150 and my IDI has become my daily driver(nothing wrong with that:D ) but be patient I am not giving up on this project it is just on hold right now, I also need to find an intake hat. Ohh by the way payable, I did get a new camera cable but all the exhaust and the braket I made are going to be changed so the pics wont do any good. I may wait until it is all done to do the reveal its just more fun that way.LOL :rotflmao ;Really

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
All I can say is, that turbo is not much smaller than the ATS one, and even though its going to be a remote mount, I wouldnt think it would affect it that much. And my knowledge of turbos strings mainly from gas engines, and that turbo on a gas engine would run over 20PSI, plus it would be in full boost by 3000rpm. I think you'd easily pull off 12PSI from a diesel and would spool up faster.