MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! - 2011 IDI WEEKEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
why cause your scout cant do the hardcore stuff?:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

my zuk im outting together now wont be doing anything too terribly tough. but if i have the transfercase back together in my striped one it will go more places then any full size rig will go strictly due to its size.

ive run sections of rock creek with it with ease....it was built for competition and in comp you get put in situations where you wouldnt normally attempt out on the trails.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Yeahhh...that...cookoo so the jeeps could fit between tighter trees (depending on the size the size the scout can push em over), but the scout seems to climb better and as long as the mud hole isn't bottomless, it does good there too. There's just something about a 1.3l that doesn't impress me....no replacement for displacement! Haha

-Jon

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Missy last night, and got confirmations on 3 reservations. So beware.... some people are reserving and then not posting that they did. Very sneaky.... :sly Don't get a false sense of security! Reserve early. Yes, she admits it can be very hard to make a reservation on account of the fact that the front desk gets swamped. When you call, it rings the desk but if they are busy helping someone they will ignore the call and let it go to voice mail. Now, that my friends is customer service. How often are you in a store being waited on, and you are held up because the phone rang and they chose it over you? My advice is to just keep calling. She says the best times are before 10AM and after 6:00pm. Things tend to be slower then. There is only 1 person at the registration desk. On the weekends there are 3 or 4, but then the volume of work to be done is jacked up just as much, so the chances of them answering may not be any better. Just call like your trying to win a contest on a radio station. LOL

You guys that want to go wheeling, feel free to make whatever plans you wish. There will not be any official wheeling activities, as we have way too many crew cab duallys in our group. LOL And no, the Moose Truck will not be playing in the mud with you. The Moose Truck got all its wheeling out of its system when it was young and under warranty. LOL I suspect several of you may not have even been born yet. ;Really

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Missy last night, and got confirmations on 3 reservations. So beware.... some people are reserving and then not posting that they did. Very sneaky.... :sly

There will not be any official wheeling activities, as we have way too many crew cab duallys in our group. LOL

Well, one is myself, another is Chris, the third is....??????:dunno:D Another tip, be sure and let them know when you will arrive and when you will check out. They assume otherwise you are staying the same 7 days the Agne's are.LOL;Sweet Not that's a bad thing.......trust me you never want to leave a Rally.

Yeah, I'm not taking the crew cab out wheeling when that is my long sought after, rust free, cherry, "dream" truck and my only way back to Kentucky.:D

Heath

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Yeahhh...that...cookoo so the jeeps could fit between tighter trees (depending on the size the size the scout can push em over), but the scout seems to climb better and as long as the mud hole isn't bottomless, it does good there too. There's just something about a 1.3l that doesn't impress me....no replacement for displacement! Haha

-Jon

You have much to learn grasshoppa...

Displacement has its place....but your trailriding and not just blasting through the woods as fast as you can gearing has more to do with how you progress then horsepower.

Mine is a 1.6l not a 1.3....and i never brag about what little power it has....its no v8 thats for sure...but when yoir walkin for a gas can ill still be going strong;)

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
You have much to learn grasshoppa...

Displacement has its place....but your trailriding and not just blasting through the woods as fast as you can gearing has more to do with how you progress then horsepower.

Mine is a 1.6l not a 1.3....and i never brag about what little power it has....its no v8 thats for sure...but when yoir walkin for a gas can ill still be going strong;)

I wheel with a few jeepers that think every trail is a baja course, and like to wheel in hi range. As soon as I hit dirt it goes into low range and I let the truck do the driving. The only time I really have to take advantage of all 421 ci is to spin the mud out of the 37s when things get sloppy. I let the truck idle up most hills. And with 33 gallons of diesel in it its a few days before I need refilling. I gotta bust stones, I'm the one with a scout, its few and far between seeing them. I pick on the jeepers all day long, then I get one for $300 to rot out in the winter and its GASP! Jon got a jeep?! I think the worlds comin to an end!!:rotflmao

-Jon

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
I might even be able to round up enough people that have extra seats for people who want to go but dont to take their rig....doesnt have to be an official ralley thing...was just an idea since it is the premier offroad park om the east coast...

and jon...id wheel with you anytime!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
hell yea, we got to play this, i could probly get a few from my club if it is sat or sun to go for people to ride with.

i do same thing jon, idle all day long on the rocks and hills unless a little blip is needed. last time up there with my 16 gal tank i used less then 1/4 tank..

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We now have reservations from June 30, to July 5th...

See ya there!

Cool! I'm glad we have at least one of our "Gary's" back for the Rally next year. We missed the gang of Gary's this year.

Now, for the other Gary's to follow your lead.........:D:angel:

Heath

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
The Fowlers are waiting for an expected infusion of cash before we make reservations. Should be making those reservations around the first of Sept.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings from the site of the 2011 IDI Weekend! We are "test camping" and planning our itinerary for the event. Lots of cool stuff getting lined up. And yes the internet is free. You don't even need a code for it. The campground is very quiet right now, and we have only been taking our meals outside. NO BUGS! Other than one lightning bug, and a fly which I dispatched rather easily. Went for a ride on the ferris wheel, which was very pleasant. Drove over Blue Mountain, and that was very cool. Got my videographer from the 2003 rally lined up to record the event for us again, so there will be that also. We will definitely be doing some different things next year that are going to be a lot of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.