MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! - 2011 IDI WEEKEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll look into it for you. Would you need horses, or would you be bringing your own?

Would be bringing our horses. The campground has many amenities that my kids would like so if I can find a way to entertain momma too it will be a much easier sell. She isn't fond of automotive get togethers in general. I've tried to get away solo for them in the past but it always seems she has a legitimate need for me to be somewhere else at the same time. Life can be like that.

If she wants to be there also my chances are much better of making it.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I see no reason, why this rally isn't VERY doable! Only 140 miles away!

Mel, We may also have to shoe-in a trip(s) to Harrisburg and do some serious railfanning!

You must be registered for see images attach

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will have to be a plane for me......Just a weeee bit to far to drive. Looks like it will be another rally to remember.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
just reserved my spot. when i asked for missy, she was unavailable and instructed the person who answered the phone to take my reservation. i thought it a bit odd when they assumed i would be staying a week. lol. i told them, no i would be staying a week and a day :D a 59$ deposit later, they said i would have a site waiting

looking forward to it already, the kids are excited about the midway, ferris wheel and the ice cream parlor.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
rausch creek!!! hell ya! ill bring the camper with the dually and the wife can bring the 4runner with my blue truck!! im all for that!! am reserving my site real soon!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok, $30.00/ week stuffed away in a secret stash to get me to the rally and back for a week.

No excusses for the last minute fence riders, if ya think ya want to go, start saving now. Being the 10 year anniversary meet, I feel it's gonna be one to not miss out on.:thumbsup:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just tried to make my reservation, but no one answered the line?:dunno I left a message. I'm not sure what happend, it's an hour after they open.

I'll call again later I guess.

On Edit: Still no answer at 9:30 eastern time.
On Edit: Got an answer, but Missy was out.......... left a voice mail with her, I'll keep trying.

Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be bringing our horses. The campground has many amenities that my kids would like so if I can find a way to entertain momma too it will be a much easier sell. She isn't fond of automotive get togethers in general. I've tried to get away solo for them in the past but it always seems she has a legitimate need for me to be somewhere else at the same time. Life can be like that.

If she wants to be there also my chances are much better of making it.

Please explain to your wife that all the women in our group felt exactly the same way before they came to the first one. Once they come, it's just like what happens in "the Stepford wives". ;Really But don't explain it to her that way.... it's our little secret. LOL

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how close the campground would be to a train station where the wife and I could hop a train to NYC, and about how long of a train ride it would be? Would like to meet up with some old school buddies if we make the rally.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
mel correct me if im wrong but the closest train station would be in harrisburg which is about 45 min- an hour away...

your only about 140 miles or so by car (2 1/2 hrs) to NYC

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could be at the Harrisburg Amtrak station in about 25 minutes from where the rally will be held. All of the Keystone service trains will take you to New York City. It's the only way to go! I'd post you a schedule, but they are revised in the spring so it wouldn't stay the same between now and then. Just visit Amtrak.com and look for Keystone service when your thinking of coming out. It takes about an hour to get to Philly at 90MPH and then 45 minutes to NYC, usually at around 110MPH! You can count the mileposts off about 1 every 30 seconds. :eek:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
You could be at the Harrisburg Amtrak station in about 25 minutes from where the rally will be held. All of the Keystone service trains will take you to New York City. It's the only way to go! I'd post you a schedule, but they are revised in the spring so it wouldn't stay the same between now and then. Just visit Amtrak.com and look for Keystone service when your thinking of coming out. It takes about an hour to get to Philly at 90MPH and then 45 minutes to NYC, usually at around 110MPH! You can count the mileposts off about 1 every 30 seconds. :eek:

where is the station at? from 78 to paxtonia exit is like 40 minutes at 70mph

Status
Not open for further replies.