lower radiator hose

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you all make the lower radiator hose i have an idea but a few more wouldnt hurt anything? thanks

brian

Exekiel69

Reaction score
What engine????
If You are talking about the 6bt, what I did with mine (someone else gave Me the part #'s) was go to the auto parts store and buy two long 90` elbows, 1 90` steel elbow (from exhaust section). That will take You all the way to the bottom of the ford radiator, You need to re use the lower rad hose from the cummins to the radiator and connect it to the 90` elbow then cut the other two hoses to fit and You're good to go. Mine fit just fine and don't drip at all.

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
This what I did, with it I just used one 90* hose.
You must be registered for see images attach

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow wish i could have done that...i end up using 90 hose's and a 90 piece of pip it dosent look to good but hopefully it will stand up to the punishment

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
That should work too. I couldn't do that, or I wouldn't have room to put the a/c on. I sat the engine as low and as far back as I could due to the twins, so I had to get creative.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was wanting to make it all out of stainless steel but couldnt find a welder i think my setup should work for a while tho

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
Oh,yeah, it should hold up just fine. As long as you painted the outside to protect it, the ant-freeze will take care of the inside. I just realized where your at, you are only about 45 mins from me. I am just south east of Cameron. Do you have any pictures or a link to your truck?

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow u are close no i dont have a link to it unfortunitly i tried to put pics on here but it said they were to big or something like that i am trying to find suitable material for the intercooler piping right now and also a place to make some drive shafts so its pretty close to being streetable again... hopefully before its snows

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
Get you a photobucket account, it is so much easier than trying to fight with getting them the right size to post them directly on here.

For your drive shafts, I took mine to Bolin's Truck parts there in St. Joe. The guy that does them is easy to work with, and does a nice job.

dairieman36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a guy at work told me to go there i just hadnt got around to it its good to hear he does good work tho... if you dont mind me askin how pricey were they?

ncovey

Diesel Poor
Reaction score
Not bad, at least I don't think. Two piece driveshaft, shorten front half, re-tube and lengthen rear half, check out carrier bearing and replace two u-joints, just under $200 without tax. He even cleans them, and puts a nice shiny coat of black paint on them. Now this was a dodge driveshaft, since I have a 241dhd t-case, and a dana 80 rear, but I wouldn't think there would be much difference price wise.

FordCummins

Reaction score
I hit the local parts house, picked up an elbow hose that fit the Cummins, an elbow end that fit the Ford radiator and put them together in the middle with an exhaust adapter and a couple clamps. Still working fine after 5 years.

Drivelines for mine were to shorten the back, add to the front, rebuilt cardinal joint, new carrier bearing, balance and non-gloss paint for less then $200. Again, this was 5 years ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online