Lost Bank

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
I keep loosing the left bank of injectors. It comes and goes like there is a short somewhere. I have the pyrometer in the left bank and It only reads 200 at 55mph when it quit while going down the freeway. Then kept driving it and it came back to life with all 8 then went out again. I do have it home now so this may not be an emergency anymore. Any Ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Left bank needs a new UVC (valve cover harness) and while your in there change out the glow plugs.

96_Bear

Shane
Reaction score
Found the VC gasket burnt and back inner wiring burnt replaced them with OEM no one else had the parts in stock $106.33 later got her back to a V8 instead of an 4 banger :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear youre on the road again.

letsrun100

Reaction score
From another post on another forum:
Last Saturday morning my '01 F250 started fine, but within two blocks it started sputtering and missing, it seemed to lose all ower. Ran fine on Friday. I took it to a local garage (not a Ford dealer). The mechanic pulled codes (sorry didn't get the specific codes) that indicated multiple open injectors on the left side. When he removed the valve cover, he found the plug was loose. He was going to order a new harness, but I did some research and read about the Ford wedges to secure the plug. They sell for ~$17, a lot less than the very expensive harness. I had him order two and do the right side too. I figured it might be ready to come loose as well. I was on the road for about $300 including parts. Ford part number is:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online