looking for a 7.3 idi oil cooler

7point3

Reaction score
hey im new to all this diesel stuff but i finally got my first oil burner.
i just got a 1989 7.3 idi and it needs an oil cooler. anyone got on or know where i can get one?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you say you need one, do you say that because yours is missing, or because it has a leak? Most leaks are just from bad O-rings, and these coolers are easily repaired. Welcome to the site. ;Sweet

DBogo

Reaction score
well this is my bud (7point3) and were goin into this thing together and its goin to end up bein a pullin truck were gettin er for $150 so thats only $75 bucks each we went and looked at it yesterday and its pretty banged up but no rust at all and he said he took out the oil cooler because there was antifreeze in the oil so he took it out and sure enough its cracked so its not the o rings so it needs a new one

oh i forgot welcome the site veitch and you will be addicted to the sweet smell of #2 you will be wanting to put a turbo on that deere of yours and a big chrome stack so you can have the soot flying out of the 4200 ;Sweet

Last edited:

7point3

Reaction score
DBogo said:
well this is my bud (7point3) and were goin into this thing together and its goin to end up bein a pullin truck were gettin er for $150 so thats only $75 bucks each we went and looked at it yesterday and its pretty banged up but no rust at all and he said he took out the oil cooler because there was antifreeze in the oil so he took it out and sure enough its cracked so its not the o rings so it needs a new one

oh i forgot welcome the site veitch and you will be addicted to the sweet smell of #2 you will be wanting to put a turbo on that deere of yours and a big chrome stack so you can have the soot flying out of the 4200 ;Sweet

thanks for the welcome bud.

like he said the thing has a big ol crack in it. i was going to try to JB weld it but its too banged up for that.

if you know where i can pick up a new one or used one that works id be very appriciative.

thanks
Ryan

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I have one that I would sell you for $50.00 shipped, Just let me know.

Welcome to the site, and keep us posted on the build up! Sounds like fun. ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
60 bux for an oil cooler is pretty dang expensive when you consider that the truck only cost you 75.00 :D

DBogo

Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
I have one that I would sell you for $50.00 shipped, Just let me know.

Welcome to the site, and keep us posted on the build up! Sounds like fun. ;Sweet
is it in good condition if it is i would rather buy it from another member on here then some random person