Looking at 94 idit 4x4

eric113

Reaction score
I forgot to add that it has a "recently rebuilt 6.9".

Yes it is, but since I have enough trucks already, it's not that interesting to me. If I would have found this before I bought the Ex Wife, then it would be a different story. I'd probably be tempted to buy it instead.
Is it up KS? I might be interested in it.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I forgot to add that it has a "recently rebuilt 6.9".

Yes it is, but since I have enough trucks already, it's not that interesting to me. If I would have found this before I bought the Ex Wife, then it would be a different story. I'd probably be tempted to buy it instead.

It's in Nebraska. PM me if you want.
I wish I was closer. Sounds like a mighty fine truck:Thumbs Up

Rock

Last edited:

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion is to be patient and wait for the right one. I paid 6500 for an 88 supercab 93,000 miles just a couple weeks ago. I posted it in the pic thread, and did a video walkaround of it.

I may have spent a little more than I was aiming for, but I got one of the nicest bricknoses in Kentucky now....so im happy with it.

I saw the video, that truck is pretty nice! Good find.

Reid Daniels

Reaction score
I got my 94 cclb idit 4x4 for 2800 with 184xxx on the clock last year. Done both valve covers, almost any line that could rot has been replaced, just did the starter and relay today, manual glowplug control conversion, speed sensor, and a few other small things for fun, intake, exhaust. I did see that in the picture its a texas truck so you probably dont have to worry about rust. I've had to do 2 cab mounts and had to give the ol girl a can and a half of bondo because I'm in the rust belt. So i'm about 5500 deep and haven't really scratched the surface cosmeticly. as fro the valve cover, the passenger side is the more annoying one out of the two, need to take off alternator, fuel filter bracket, and glowplug relay, maybe some wires. A few of the bolts in the back are annoying but not impossible. Would say the price given the current state of the idi market near me is FAIR but I wouldn't give the guy more than 4k.

eric113

Reaction score
I got my 94 cclb idit 4x4 for 2800 with 184xxx on the clock last year. Done both valve covers, almost any line that could rot has been replaced, just did the starter and relay today, manual glowplug control conversion, speed sensor, and a few other small things for fun, intake, exhaust. I did see that in the picture its a texas truck so you probably dont have to worry about rust. I've had to do 2 cab mounts and had to give the ol girl a can and a half of bondo because I'm in the rust belt. So i'm about 5500 deep and haven't really scratched the surface cosmeticly. as fro the valve cover, the passenger side is the more annoying one out of the two, need to take off alternator, fuel filter bracket, and glowplug relay, maybe some wires. A few of the bolts in the back are annoying but not impossible. Would say the price given the current state of the idi market near me is FAIR but I wouldn't give the guy more than 4k.
Yeah it was in Texas.
But already sold. So I’m back on the hunt for a truck.

The Gill Fish

Reaction score
Speedo out/ shifting funny could mean burnt up transmission. Depends on how long it got driven like that. Doesn’t take long to smoke those transmissions when they’re not shifting properly. If you want to make sure you’re protecting yourself, offer him what it’s worth minus the cost of replacing the transmission. A Jasper rebuilt will run you about $3600. Book time for that job is around six hours of labor. Don’t forget to replace and adjust your FIPL when the job is done, or you’ll have a smoked transmission again quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I can usually pickup the gas version of that truck for $1500 or less, and 5spd to boot.

The IDiT better be worth it for you.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Eric113,

Sorry to hear it sold but you probably dodged a bullet. (If as suggested it needed a tranny, then you would have been at least $8,500 into a truck you can only get $5,000 out of.)

The claim of rebuilt 6.9 would have also need some investigation. What machining was done to the engine? What parts where replaced? What is the warranty? Is it transferable?

At $5,000 your at the upper end of what many of us feel you should pay for an average IDI or what you could get selling one. (Why pay say 8-9k if you can get into a younger faster Powerstroke with the same mileage?) Now if the truck was clean and he just paid a reputable shop to rebuild his engine and transmission and IDI is what your set on, then yes paying more makes sense for you.

I feel if folks want you to pay top dollar it should be running good and only have minor cosmetic or a couple of anoying but common things like valve cover leak, or a fuel gauge that is not working, or a tank switch that is not working.

Keep searching, you will find something you feel is worthy! You also are likey to find a better deal!