look what ups brought me !

jnkyrdfourd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad pics but i think you get it
thanks Mel .
got it installed this eve, finish hooking it up tomorrow and test drive, ill report back with results.;Sweet

Attachments

• Image120.jpg
    Image120.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 227

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Blurred pics are.... Well not something I like to look at but... A Moose Pump is still a nice looking piece of machinery. What is the pump and what will the timing be set at. Remember to torque the three drive bolts to 25 lbs...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blurred pics are.... Well not something I like to look at but... A Moose Pump is still a nice looking piece of machinery. What is the pump and what will the timing be set at. Remember to torque the three drive bolts to 25 lbs...
I don't know what's worse....blurred pics or someone who doesn't use spellcheck.

jnkyrdfourd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got junior installed and priming was easier than a standard pump, throttle response is alot better,definitely spools alot quicker, more black smoke than i expected but it does make alot more power alot quicker, and idles alot smoother,sounds like a different truck, happy happy happy !

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you have it installed and running well but what degree of timing did you set the pump at. 8.5 before top dead center is oem specs but with todays fuel many have found running 9.5 works best. 10.5 is still concidered the limit.. The pump I just installed was 12.6 from the first start and the egine started slowly even after the lines were cleared of air. I messed with the timing 5 times till I got 9.0 finally. It sure was easier starting with too much advance than not enough.

jnkyrdfourd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the timing set at 8.5, it fires right up no problem, it boost up to 10and settles about 9, i guess thats what the waste gate is set at. sure boost alot quicker now that im getting fuel ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Fuel makes heat which makes boost. The hotter the exhaust gas is the harder it works to spin the hot side of the turbo. Think of it this way. blow air of any pressure on a fan. Now send water of the same pressure on that fan. Thats the differance.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Mmm I need one of those guys! Maybe in a slightly bigger version.