Look what followed me home.....

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Just the front floor pan and front rockers are the only tin parts left. I had to redo rear rockers, B pillars and rear floor pans from scratch. Can be done if I can do it. :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Calvin has a cab over on the Left coast you could talk him out of..........

The big problem with that plan....... he's on the Left coast.LOL

Heath

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This engine has not been run in a while... what do yall say...change the oil so theres oil on the top of engine before i start it? Tim

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel there is no reason to change oil but.. I sure would remove the drain plug to see if only oil is in there. Then a 15/16 socket on the dampner nbolt and hand crank it over. Then remove the fuel line from the lift pump if its still running a mechanical lift pump. run fuel from a fuel can. Change the fuel filter and fill it with ATF. Bleed the system. Get it running and shut it down. Run it long enough to get the ATF in the injection pump and injecters only. Let it sit overnite. Then run a gallon thru it from the fuel tank you set up for this test run. If it runs well just reconnect the lines to the rear tanks and run it. I'm not sure if the engine in this has the cracked pistons Travis did because of the water injection he did. It was clearly too much water and was quenching the fuel flame hydrolocking the engine. It was a grand test by Travis and it did not work too well but at least we all learned from it. Didn't oldmrbill transport the E to alabama way back when.. Memory is a little cloudy this time of the day.. Been working too hard in the garden again for no pay... Damn I hate that.. Can't even get fired for doing a **** poor job.. Gees...

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the engine is a 6.9 with fresh gaskets and head studs....it still has the electric pump Travis put on it and yes... Mister bill did haul it down here......

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
as for firing it up. I would change the fluids, including the fuel - only lord knows what is/has been growing in the tanks after all this time and fire her up. What's the worse that could happen... she won't start. Now keep in mind that she is a nasty witch and she will fail on you she has an attitude like Christine but she only attacks the wallet or that was what she always went after on me....

BrotherNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard something mentioned on here about changing the oil if it sits? If oil is left to six, maybe a couple years, would there be water in it from the condensation? Not trying to thread jack, but damn that is a good looking rig.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well thanks but its bad far as rust goes....my foot went through the floor board the other night. Going to hook up the exhaust and put a pump on it and see if she runs again.