Local Pick N Pulls

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of fords around here, but I haven't seen too many IDIs and no powerstrokes.

When I pulled a np435 a few weeks ago, I put a tire under the trans and put a seat cushion on top of that. Found an axle shaft to knock the crossmember out of the way. Trunk liners make a good mat to lay on.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's some real smart thinking. Seriously. A good used one is what, $75 or so?

Here in Oklahoma out in okc we have a big truck and van Salvage. I hear they have all the idi stuff.
Next would be a place closer to me, Catoosa, they usually have idi stuff.
I think there's another but don't know exact location nor name.
For non engine related parts, I like LKQ, go when they're having a half off sale.

Prices vary depending on who has it and if they know what it is.prices go from 75 up 500 for a good used one.a new idm from ford is 1000 bux.I grab them everytime I find them, just dont find diesels in the yards here.I have one yard thats full of ford diesels but they wont part them.won't even sell a door glass, have to buy the whole door for 200.

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my doner zf-5 with no jacks. I used a tire that still had a rim in it and wedged under the trans so I could move the crossmember. The zf is light enough so after that it was no problem. The pull a part down here gets rid of diesels really fast. They last maybe two weeks and then they crushem.

I pulled a 727 from a Dodge using two straps. One at the front, one at the tail running from one frame rail to the other.

You must be registered for see images attach