Local Pick N Pulls

swervyjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty of fords around here, but I haven't seen too many IDIs and no powerstrokes.

When I pulled a np435 a few weeks ago, I put a tire under the trans and put a seat cushion on top of that. Found an axle shaft to knock the crossmember out of the way. Trunk liners make a good mat to lay on.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's some real smart thinking. Seriously. A good used one is what, $75 or so?

Here in Oklahoma out in okc we have a big truck and van Salvage. I hear they have all the idi stuff.
Next would be a place closer to me, Catoosa, they usually have idi stuff.
I think there's another but don't know exact location nor name.
For non engine related parts, I like LKQ, go when they're having a half off sale.

Prices vary depending on who has it and if they know what it is.prices go from 75 up 500 for a good used one.a new idm from ford is 1000 bux.I grab them everytime I find them, just dont find diesels in the yards here.I have one yard thats full of ford diesels but they wont part them.won't even sell a door glass, have to buy the whole door for 200.

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled my doner zf-5 with no jacks. I used a tire that still had a rim in it and wedged under the trans so I could move the crossmember. The zf is light enough so after that it was no problem. The pull a part down here gets rid of diesels really fast. They last maybe two weeks and then they crushem.

I pulled a 727 from a Dodge using two straps. One at the front, one at the tail running from one frame rail to the other.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert