Local IDI for sale

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving thru town and saw a truck for sale- said in BIG letters across the windshield " DIESEL" and was obviously an older truck so of course I stopped. Its an 84 6.9 single cab, looked to be in good health body wise. Of course I didn't hear it run, but can go get some pics if anyone is interested. Window said 2250 OBO. I have a # too, i'll have to get it out of my truck but wanted to post this just in case anyone was interested. Its located in Franklin Ga, and of course any one coming to check it out that needs a lay over has a spot here :thumbsup:

Last edited:

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Let's see I bought that damn truck in Oklahoma--10 hours one way. How far are you from NE Indiana?

Ow! Oh sorry, Amy just hit me with a shoe.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see I bought that damn truck in Oklahoma--10 hours one way. How far are you from NE Indiana?

Ow! Oh sorry, Amy just hit me with a shoe.

LOL

If we are closer than OK its not by much! :rolleyes: I'm gonna go get pics of it tomorrow anyway- its not a bad looking truck and the interior looked OK from what I glanced at it. :dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For that price, you ought to buy it and keep it for Alayna. ;Sweet

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or Matthias. :dunno

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao They can share it when they are..... eh... she'll kill me if I finish that and she lurks on here from time to time. ;p

She made it a point to tell me this morning to " get a message to Matthias telling him Happy Birthday." :love:

OK Here are pics. I have a date with the owner this evening to get a better look at it and get pics of the inside. Shhhhh don't tell BJ LOL ( I am sure he will go too. ) Only question mark is the mileage. The sign in the window said " minor problems" and he said those were that the O rings at the injectors leak and need to be replaced, and either the power steering hose or pump needs to be replaced- you have to put fluid in it every 2-3 days. Also said that the rear tank doesn't work, and the fuel gage doesn't work on the front tank, so you gotta keep up with how far you have gone. One small oil leak at the front of the engine, I'll get BJ to examine that later tonight. This is a hardship sell folks- hes bummed to be losing his truck. I invited him on here so that when hes ready for another he'll be prepared :D It has 2 places on the body that I saw- one at the door and front panel, its got a dent there- you can kind see the edge of it in the pic of the front of the truck, and it has a dent on the passengers side of the bed. I took a pic of the interior but these came off my phone so that one didn't turn out. I'll take the camera tonight. I told him all about OB and he did ask that I post his # and welcomes all calls :)

You must be registered for see images attach

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I went and looked at it and drove it this evening. Will need the return line kit ASAP everyone leaks (BAD). The pressure hose on the power steering will need to be replaced. The oil leak is the cover at the front for the IP gear not sealing. Started right up no problem glow, plugs are on a push button system. The dent in the left front quarter panel is from the front of the door hitting the panel:dunno not sure what is going on there. heater core is bypassed due to leak.

The truck has air bag suspension on the rear. This truck was used to haul a slide in puckup camper. The rear bumper is on a slide out setup also. It has a Single wheel one ton rear axle. The interior is in great shape.

I drove it around the transmission shifted fine (C6) and the motor ran great. No smoke except black when I floored it.

If I had the money I would buy it but just can swing it right now. I will post new pics shortly.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better pics

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aw man. That kills me seeing that rust free truck. However, I have my doubts about the core support. That door pinch could be due to a dropped front clip. Be that as it may, looks like a decent deal. Too bad Matthias has me financing a $1000 bass guitar. Keep your eyes peeled though. When he is ready for something, we're definitely going south for it. I'll relay the message to him from Alayna. We took him to see Harry Potter for his birthday last night.

I see BJ has upgraded to the castmaster 5000. LOL

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he dropped the price.

I went by today and saw he has dropped the price on this truck to 1500. Thought I'd bump it up and let y'all know :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:love: Nice truck for somebody at a great price.