Lift pump on '86???

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting a lot of surging and bursts of power for about a week. Then she seemed like she was starved and had no power. I made it home. It was in the single digits so I figured if it was a water issue and I couldn't drain anything until a thaw. It was 50 yesterday and I pulled the "ring of death" (term came from Rob, 69oiler). Only fuel came out not water. Now I think I've created another problem. Anyway, I stuck a bolt in the drain hose. Pulled the schreader valve out of the filter head and put a hose on the end and into a coffee can. Cranked in bursts and let the starter cool. Fuel never came. Both tanks are full and I tried this on both of them. The fuel selector motor does it's thing, if you go buy sound. Well, I just got off the phone with the dealer and they will have lift pump by 2:00. The old one has about 50,000 on it, I just thought they would last a little longer.
Even if that is not it at least I'm not out a lot of cash. I just hope the water seperator fixes itself. I guess it could happen.
I'll keep you posted.
Doug
'86 F-250 4x4
'89 E-250 ATS turbo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug, I have 2 or 3 of them dumb things laying around you could have.

dbensen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel,
Thanks so much for the offer. I bought the new one from Ford. I can walk across the street and pick it up. This is one of those things that I think I want to put in new. I hope I get a little extra time out of this one. I just didn't feel up to installing a Holley red. Here's hoping this does the trick. Talk to you soon. Thanks again, Doug