Lift Pump, CDR Valve, And 2 Injectors

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
UPDATE: installed the lift pump from lindstromjd, ran it for a while but still smoked badly,
So I did the ATF & Lucas mix (what I had available to me) in the fuel filter, cranked then let set for 24 min
Cranked up it and low&behold not a single bit of smoke!;Really

So I took her for a test drive, had plenty of power, no surging, feels like the pump has been turned up a little,
3 inch straight pipe sounds good at WOT

What's next:
Full return line kit, replacing more O-rings on the injectors, and dropping the filter again to run SeaFoam-ATF mix, a 3rd oil change and servicing.

Did I mention this thing is getting EXCELLENT MPG's?? I ran WOT for almost 45 miles and then another 15 driving easy and it only used about 3 gallons.... So imagine just driving it easy?:)

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Hey, '94-Turbo-444, still need a couple of injectors? I had mine pop-tested, and only 3 were "OK". Since I went to a new set of BBs, I could send you the "OK" ones. At least they're not leaking, according to my injection shop.

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
yeah i sure do econoline, im also looking into a return line kit from Typ4 to seal any other leaks. Everyone is so helpful on here!

And homelessduck yeah, i mean it wasnt wide open for 45 miles straight.... but atleast 45 miles i had driven were wide open through the gears, up to 85mph then slowed down, turned around and gave it -cuss again over and over

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I learned something about return lines and caps from either Russ or Mel long ago. Use an exacto knife to cup away the casting flash around the end where the o-ring first touches the cap. I was just on the phone last nite with a member from W Virgina. He has been rebuilding a 7.3 and just got it running but had a cap leaker. Found one tiny cut in the o-ting and found a tiny bit of the plastic cap had a sharp piece cutting the rings. Even if your caps are good its not a problem to open them up so the rings slide in easier. Just cut the sharp edge is all you need to do.

'94-Turbo-444

Reaction score
Hello everyone, finally got bored and started looking over the injectors and come to find out this truck has all 8 factory G code injectors. still IH grey.... :puke:

Fixed all of my fuel leaks, Certain i have absolutely no air intrusion. Still HORRIBLE to start, and stumbles over and over, NEED to look into my GP system and fix it because when i turn the switch to RUN, the light is only on for 1/8th second then the relay starts clicking.

Steady smoke and occasional miss returned, so I did the ATF mix in the fuel filter. then drove 30 min later, smokey but halfway cleared up. Making just 1 last ditch effort to save these injectors I mixed Lucas, ATF, SeaFoam, and Marvel all together in the fuel filter and cranked it up hot. it will probably sit until tomorrow some time. Wish me luck;Sweet

Thank you for all the responses and continued support
Eli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle